A 44-year-old man was beaten and robbed early Monday morning at a Gentilly bus stop, according to New Orleans police. The incident happened just before 3 a.m. in the 3900 block of Elysian Fields Avenue.
NOPD said the victim was approached by two women and a man. One pulled the victim by the shirt and tried to reach into his pockets. A struggle broke out, and one of the robbers struck the victim with a closed fist and a stick.
The robbers fled with the man's wallet and his shoes.
In other matters recently handled by local law enforcement authorities:
• Raheem Lewis, 25, was booked Saturday on counts of attempted first-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon in connection with the shooting of a 36-year-old man on Jan. 21 in the 1800 block of North Villere Street in the 7th Ward, New Orleans police said. Paramedics took the victim to a hospital.
• Another slaying suspect has been jailed in a Feb. 15, 2017, robbery and shooting that left 29-year-old Andrew Jasmine dead in Reserve, the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff's Office said.
Domanique Barnes, 22, was arrested in Houston on Jan. 19 on a warrant accusing him of second-degree murder and armed robbery, the Sheriff's Office said. Previously, Ahkemon Jacob Bardell Jr., 21, of Harvey; Branden Clegg, 22, of Houston; and Malcom Muse, 21, of New Orleans, had been arrested in the case.
Jasmine was gunned down in the 2000 block of East Frisco Drive. Someone had ransacked his home, the Sheriff's Office said.
• New Orleans police on Monday released details about a shooting and two stabbings reported on Sunday.
The shooting was reported about 10:50 a.m. at Pleasure and Humanity streets in Gentilly, where a woman who turned 21 on Sunday was struck by a bullet in the left shoulder as she walked from the store, police said. She went to a hospital, police said.
The first stabbing occurred about 2:15 p.m. in the 2100 block of Desire Street in the Florida neighborhood, when a 47-year-old man allegedly plunged a screwdriver into a 26-year-old man after they had been drinking together, police said. Paramedics took the victim to a hospital for treatment, and a man named Victor Lopez was arrested in connection with the attack.
The second stabbing occurred about 8:50 p.m. in the 100 block of North Peters Street on the edge of the French Quarter, when a 29-year-old man and his friend argued with another man who approached them at a bus stop. The attacker grabbed the friend, and the victim was cut with a sharp object while intervening before paramedics took him to a hospital for treatment, police said.
• About 8:50 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of Baronne Street in the Central Business District, a woman told police she was raped by two men she didn't know.
• Rapper Widner "Flow" Degruy was booked on suspicion of conspiring to smuggle in drugs into the New Orleans jail after authorities allegedly recorded him discussing the plot on the lockup phone, according to court records.
Degruy's contact, Sean "Platinum" Scie, was arrested after showing up to Orleans Parish Criminal District Court for a hearing for the rapper, who is a murder suspect. A pat down by the Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office revealed Scie had a package taped inside the front part of his underwear that contained cocaine, synthetic marijuana and four pharmaceutical pills, court records.
• The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office on Monday identified 27-year-old Joshua Everett as the man who was fatally shot early Friday in the 2800 block of South Johnson Street in Central City.
• Rashad George, 19, was being sought Monday on allegations that he stole a wallet and cellphone from a 27-year-old man at gunpoint at the corner of Canal Street and Elk Place late Thursday, records show.
Staff writer Ramon Antonio Vargas contributed to this report.