One man was arrested by Louisiana State Police on Wednesday morning in the Central Business District after he pulled a knife and cut another man during an argument, according to New Orleans police.
Corey Lockett, 29, was arrested and booked on three counts of aggravated assault and a count of illegal carrying weapons after the incident, which occurred about 6:30 a.m. in the 800 block of Poydras Street.
Below are additional reports from the NOPD between Wednesday and Thursday morning:
• A 36-year-old woman said she was walking in the 7th Ward when an unknown person attacked her, then stole her keys and wallet. The incident occurred about 4:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of Columbus Street, according to an NOPD report.
• A teenager told police he was walking in the 7th Ward when three juveniles approached from behind, knocked him unconscious then stole items from him. The incident occurred about 7:30 p.m. near Frenchmen and North Miro streets, according to an NOPD report. The boy, 14, said that when he regained consciousness, he was at home, with his jacket missing and his phone smashed.
• A 31-year-old man said he was in New Orleans East when an armed man approached from behind and stole cash from him. The incident occurred about 9:30 p.m. in the 7000 block of Bundy Road.
• A 45-year-old man told police he was in Algiers when four armed men ordered him out of his vehicle outside his home and then fled in it. The incident occurred about 12:20 a.m. Thursday in the 3400 block of Vespasian Boulevard, according to an NOPD report. The victim told police the other men were armed with an Uzi.
• A 52-year-old man said he was lying in bed in Central City when he was stabbed by another man. The incident occurred about 4 a.m. in the 1600 block of Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard. The perpetrator was identified as Tyrone Mitchell, but he had not yet been apprehended. The victim was transported to a hospital in stable condition.
• A 57-year-old man said two men attacked and robbed him about 4 a.m. in the 1900 block of N. Dorgenois Street, in the 7th Ward. The man said the other men asked for money. He said he had only some change, and the other men then punched and kicked him before making off with the change.
• Steven Re, 41, was charged Thursday by federal prosecutors in New Orleans with illegally possessing a rifle and two shotguns that were stolen. He faces up to 10 years if convicted, U.S. Attorney Duane Evans' office said.