There’s been no word on when, or whether, Hubig’s Pies will start up production again, but plans to build condos on the former site of the company’s bakery in Faubourg Marigny are moving ahead.

The New Orleans City Council gave unanimous support Thursday for an eight-unit complex planned by Dauphine Pie LLC, a development company not connected with the bakers.

The vote will let the developers move forward with building eight condos on the site, which has been vacant since a fire destroyed the pie plant in July 2012.

The project still needs additional approvals and permitting before it can break ground.

Plans for the project in the 2400 block of Dauphine Street call for four buildings separated by a courtyard. There will be eight parking spots, a pool near the rear of the property and an electronic gate at the front.

Each of the condos will be about 1,880 square feet.

The project had previously raised concern among some neighbors, who worried it would be too intense a use for the residential block. But no one showed up to oppose the project at the City Council meeting.

“I think that the (project) will continue to move the neighborhood forward,” said Jerry Hall, who lives in a nearby condominium on Spain Street and was the only resident on hand at the council meeting.

While the former site of the Simon Hubig Pie Co. is set for reuse, there’s still little sign the company itself will resume operations at a new location.

There had been talk of building a new plant on Press Street, a move that received the council’s approval in 2013. But the proposal for a resurrected Hubig’s stalled while the company sued the firm that had provided the bakery’s fire suppression system.

In November, the son of one of the owners told The New Orleans Advocate he had “no good news to report” about plans to reopen the plant, blaming a dispute among the owners.

Follow Jeff Adelson on Twitter, @jadelson.