Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing
4. BROKEN KEY: Back to mile races at the Fair Grounds — favors speed and inside.
1. FUTURE REQUEST: Has speed and likes the inside. Now where did I read that?
3. SUNKEN ROAD: Looks to get first shot at the speed in here with setup.
6. PREMIER FUTURE: Runs on any track, and this might be the best distance.
8. WISE CROSSING: Turf races are bang-up and has the speed to control.
6. ALONG THE COAST: Huge win in last and can repeat.
10. BAUERS GOT HOURS: Just loves this turf course.
5. YANKEE GRIND: Not an enthusiastic selection but should win in a grind.
3. IDE BE DOC ADAMS: Might need this one coming off the bench.
2. STOCK YARD HEN: Has some class and gets first Lasix for Beattie today.
9. RUEFULLY: First start for trainer Sharp and won a nice race at Kentucky Downs.
1. MAJOR ASHWORTH: Nice first out — retains leading rider Graham and gets rail.
2. CLASSIC FLAIR: Beat a bunch first out and will be tough to beat today.
5. IN MY TIME: Off layoff and shortens up for leading trainer Amoss.
7. SEEKING MS SHELLEY: Won over this course and pattern last year.
10. AM MILKY WAY: Should get a nice stalking trip from outside.
9. BLAZE N PROSPECTOR: Looks to have some quickness for connections first out.
4. RIDGE WAKI: Started with three in a row and looks to get back to winners circle today.
3. ARTIC COMET: Just missed at this level in last over this track.
AROUND THE TRACK
Louisiana Champions Day crowned some new champions, saw a track record fall and gave Sunbean millionaire status. I would love to see Sunbean given a slight rest, then come back and take on all challengers for the big handicap races later this year. I think he is up to the challenge.
Our Best Bet just missed Saturday at 13-1, and we hit some cold exactas along the way. Let’s close out the week with No. 2 in Race 5 — Stock Yard Hen, who might be a nice price. Good luck, and may they all come home safely.