Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
5. Peters Rock: A lot of good turf races to run back to that win here.
6. Uncle Jeep: Good form at Arlington Park on turf over the summer.
2. Princess Jeanette: Was pick in her first start showed interest but tired — fit today.
1. Boogies Girl: Always involved early — rail helps today.
3. Pferd: 2nd start for Amoss — ran second at this level last out finds easier today.
4. Expect Elprada: Fits with these and can win if top choice falters.
7. Batter Up: Got a tightner off the drop — looks like controlling speed with Rosie.
9. Hooched Express: Ran well at this level at Churchill Downs.
5. Pentafecta: Last was lengths better than any other in this race.
4. Soul Pilot: Loads of respect for trainer — can improve off last win and upset.
6. Shoot Me Another: Could not overcome wide trip in last — hope for better today.
2. A Noble Calling: Takes big drop from 40,000 to 12,500 today.
2. Traveling Stone: Hard to pick a winner from 24 starts horse but…
5. Mr. Andrew: Very tepid choices in a tough race.
7. Stevie Loves Women: Nice workout following good dirt effort.
1. Walkers Terrace: Working well for first start and well bred.
3. Early Success: Rosie returns after second-place finish opening week.
4. Go Go Rocket: The races over the summer win this race today.
AROUND THE TRACK
Former Kentucky Governor Brereton Jones has some of his horses stabled at the Fair Grounds this winter for various trainers. A big fan of horse racing, Governor Jones is also a successful breeder in Kentucky and is still a staunch supporter of thoroughbred racing.
In Race 5 Pentafecta will be short odds but we have to start a winning streak with out Best Bets somewhere. Pentafecta should win today to stop the losing streak.