Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
1. Mr. Fuzzybottom: Wnner of two in a row looking for hat trick.
2. Leroidesioux: Has right running style and fondness for the track to compete.
5. Sua Sponte: Just missed on the drop down to easier in last — choice on turf or dirt.
1. Cliff and Harry: Might show speed to lead this field a long way first out.
1. Forty Won One: Might have been best in last and comes right back and ready.
3. Hey Honey: Also has some speed to be in contention early.
1. Sheas Little Shug: Trainer very good off a layoff and this one fits on numbers.
4. Artist Cry: Won three in a row on turf last year at this track.
3. In Full Compliance: Maiden winner in last in Kentucky goes for Stall today.
1. Prissy Belle: Will need to get a clean break from the rail.
7. Leestown Miss: Has the tactical speed that has been needed on this turf course.
6. Corts Design: Off a layoff for Johnston and likes the green.
6. Hazards of Love: Moss and Amoss bring ’em ready to win every race.
4. Harbor Place: Has some sneaky good dirt form that will inflate price.
10. Bleu Brave: Nice progression of improvement signals a win today.
5. Radiant Energy: Claimed back by trainer Frost is positive sign.
11. Soft Kitty: Good first try and will improve to win this easier spot.
7. Etta J: Showed good early speed in first spin over the track — fits with these.
7. Friends with Money: Might have been best in last — gets preferred distance today.
4. Stormin Red Rose: Shown good competitiveness in previous starts.
Around the Track
Among the jockeys, there is none hotter than James Graham. A leading rider who has battled Rosie Napravnick the past few seasons, Graham has quickly taken full advantage of a Napravnick-less meet and had 19 wins through Thursday to lead all jockeys by nine. Graham was expected to battle with Richard Eramia for top jock until Eramia hurt his shoulder last week. Eramia will not return until January so look for Graham to continue his dominance for quite a while.
The Best Bet is in Race 2 today. Sua Sponte looks to be well spotted by connections and should win the second race as our Best Bet for Sunday. Good luck and may they all come home safely.