Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
7. Miraculouso: Win over track and better odds than second choice.
1. He’s So Proud: Obvious favorite will get challenged by top choice.
7. Mide as Well: Alabama breds square off and this one has a win.
9. Ira: Just missed going longer against tougher in Maryland.
3. Waronthehomefront: Sure looks like the right race setup for this one.
5. Al’s Uncle: Drops yet again looking for the win versus easier.
2. Forever Unbridled: Kin to some nice ones won’t get beat today.
4. Warriorscmouttoplay: Has run second in both starts in career.
4. Chalice: Finds easier spot than last and this one looks best in tough group.
8. Hooched Express: Always around the wire in these type races.
10. Harvest Home: Off the layoff and off a three race win streak.
8. Geaux Cajun: Nice run in last and beat rest of field handily.
4. He’s All Boy: Bet first out — working well and takes big drop down in class.
8. Indygo Star: Amoss only needs to improve this one just a bit for a win.
4. Tamazula: Gets back to turf where I think this horse will find a home.
2. Buggin Out: Figures to get the lead and could go all the way.
7. Crimson Pride: Fifth in this race last year and has improved but is it enough?
5. Purple Sky: Big race two back against tough horses – a repeat wins today.
7. Scout Leader: Wiling to overlook the last two flops.
2. Connor Can: Has four wins over the track and is coming back off a layoff.
1-1a. Burn Rate/Chad Be Glad: Two proven winners at short odds.
Around the Track
Trainer Karl Broberg is a familiar name for the past few years at the Fair Grounds, but fans may not be familiar with Broberg’s results this year around the country. Broberg is on pace to lead the nation in wins. He currently leads Steve Asmussen by 25 wins with 309 total wins going into this week. Broberg has five wins at the Fair Grounds and we can expect that total to grow as the meet moves along.
The best bet goes back to a win parlay today. To start let’s use No. 2 in Race 4 — Forever Unbridled — then place all winnings on No. 8 in Race 7 — Indygo Star. Good luck and may they all come home safely.