Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com . Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
6. Sanaaya: Dirt races are way fastest in here.
1. Neolexia: One dirt start was
2. Sixtysix Champ : Johnson off a layoff pays dividends.
3. The Hidden Ace: Last race good enough
to win today.
4. Come on Calvin: Just missed graduating in last and needed the race.
1. Candy’s Rocket: Another that just missed in last.
11. No Free Lunch: If race is on DIRT top Choice.
7. Teniente Coronel: Top choice if on TURF at a price.
1. Speightsong: Second choice for both TURF and DIRT.
7. Mad Genius: Won already over the track and doesn’t face much here.
1. Hazards of Love: Not sure what direction this one is going — can’t trust at shor odds.
6. Ivy Mountain: Choice if on Dirt — sits perfect trip.
14. Jove Jove Dive: Second choice for a Dirt only race.
1. Brittany’s Tuition: Top choice if on TURF.
6. Yankee Hunter: Very impressive win opening week and can repeat.
4. Dixie Beat: Looks like a two-horse race with this one and top choice.
6. Fast City: Right back for the win on dirt only.
9. Janis’s Joy: Improving sort can upset at longish odds on Dirt.
5. Point to the Wild: TOP choice on Turf with Fast City 2nd choice on Turf.
8. Sweet Alice Benbow: Ultra impressive wake up win in last.
6. Ben’s Juliette: A maiden but a fast one
who can upset.
9. Pleasant Angel: Pulled up in last but comes right back for new barn.
3. G Rated: Logical choice in a tough heat of bottom level claimers.
AROUND THE TRACK
We have to sound our own horn for how well the picks performed over the weekend because someone has to right? A 6 out of 10 day on Friday was followed by a solid day on Saturday giving out a Daily Double and our Best Bet parlay connected with a 4-5 shot paying back to 6-1 shot. Kind of makes up for how awful the Best Bets have performed. Let’s hope the good run continues for a few more weeks.
In Race 8 if the race stays on TURF our Best Bet is Point to the Wild. If the races come off the TURF today our Best Bet goes in Race 7 with Yankee Hunter. Happy New Year and Good Luck.