Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
4. Jack and The Queen: Nice progression and improvement in last two.
5. Where ya at Joe Joe: Drops down after showing signs of talent at MSW.
2. Keep Crossing: High hopes for this one haven’t panned out yet but talented.
4. Tonis Holiday: Has a win over this track and gets the dirt sprint she prefers.
1. Legend Forever: Looks very tough from the rail today — strong choice.
10. Twang: Change of barns might help this one find best stride.
9. Star Shopper: Like the draw on the outside to stalk the speed.
6. Tizmyday: Drops down a few levels to find easier competition for Beattie.
3. Seeing Silver: Getting some class relief and showed good early interest in last.
1. Alexis Charm: Winner over this track in last looks to repeat
1. Aces High: Any one of his past few seems to be good enough over this crew.
6. Dually Affirmed: Recent gelding could show marked improvement with less equipment.
7. Easy Roller: Finished a closing third behind nice horse Jazzy Rebel.
5. Jockamos Song: Closing second in first out and retains Torres to pilot.
7. Summertime Friend: Trainer heating up just a bit and this one fits well.
2. Electric Temptress: Likely favorite sports two big wins at Churchill.
5. My Miss Mary: First start for trainer Beattie — a high percentage category
1. Forty Won One: Coming off a win and has the rail, which is advantageous in mile races
Around the Track
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday. We head into the final week of racing in 2014 with a four-day schedule, which includes a late post Friday for Starlight racing and some Monday racing to finish out the weekend.