Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com . Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
5. Distant Cat: Looks very tough in here against a weak bunch.
1. Wake Up: Names says exactly what this one needs to do here.
Race 2 1. Jessilina: Not thrilled with the odds but very likely winner.
5. Dancing Blaze: Has a hint of speed to get good position early.
3. Hootie Pie: Nice run off the layoff.
7. Honeycomb Allie: Second start — gets a fast track and retains Geroux as rider.
Race 4 7. Aroney: Spent a lot of time on this race — very competitive bunch.
2. Hyarima: Longshot here — can upset these at a huge price.
Race 5 5. Sea the Soldier: Old boy has still got some game.
6. It’s No Secret: Big rider change — Guidry likely to hustle this one out gate.
Race 6 5. Campeon: Nice group of youngsters here — this one has a race over track.
6. Moon Song: This one looks like a quickie in the mornings.
Race 7 6. Fifty Shades: Looks like he wants additional distance and gets it today.
9. Ring Necked: Tried turf — back to dirt today — better effort.
Race 8 7. Canadian Navy: Should really take to the dirt.
10. Ascaugo: Very fast at times and changes trainers — good works — live here.
Race 9 5. Rivers Antrim: Tried tougher in last and failed — back to right level and rolls.
1. Charlies Ring: Ran against top choice and can get a piece at a price.
AROUND THE TRACK
Another really big night for the selections on Friday when we hit 5 top choices in a row including 54.00 winner followed by a 20.00 winner. The Black Gold Pick 5 paid 1400 using our top choice for 4 races and our second choice in the final leg. Hoping to keep the heat on for today’s card.
In Race 5 — old man at 9 years old, Sea the Soldier still has some serious run left and has the tactical speed needed in 1mile and 70 yard heats to get the job done. Make Sea the Soldier our BEST BET on Sunday. Good Luck.