Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
2. Repentacious: Race over the track has this one ready.
6. Doctor Becky: Will be closing and can upset a big odds.
7. CR Knight: Ran behind one that came back to win last race on Sunday.
1. Graynola: Take a big drop in class but rail is really no help to this one.
1. Claires Lil Bear: Goes back to preferred distance today.
2. Awesome Aubrey: Drops again and should show lots of speed.
5. Sweet Diva: Ran very well in stakes at Remington and can improve.
1. TCB Kiwis: Also comes out of the aforementioned stakes race.
5. Mikes Dixie Dancer: Pick in a very competitive heat – demand value.
7. The Duck: Stall trainee ran well in only start over the course this year.
1. Unbridled’s Note: Very classy on turf and is in good form now.
4. Sum of the Parts: Right off the claim by Broberg and is in sharp shape.
3. Tale of Beaucette: Very nice race last out – just needs a bit more improvement.
2. Top of the Page: Will probably have the speed to lead them deep into stretch.
7. Voodoo Spell: Turf sprint specialist might need a race for best or might be ready.
6. Bluegrass Springs: Turfer has run on dirt last two – back on the green today.
8. Aaron of Goshen: Didn’t beat much in last but isn’t much in here either.
2. Hylands Will: Always around the wire and in the money at this level.
Around the Track
A terrific race is shaping up in today’s sixh race. A little old turf allowance has attracted seven horses who have won a combined 3 million dollars. Stakes winners Gantry and Sum of the Parts will be challenged by Unbridleds Note — a winner of a recent Graded Stakes race in California. We are having what is now our usual slow start to the season. Short fields make for tough choices if the handicapper is looking for some value, but I know we will heat up and hope it starts this week. Here are our results so far: 101-25-20-16 — 152.80 (25 percent)
The Best Bet mimicked last year’s performance last week by going without a winner. Let’s get back to basics today and take a stakes horse looing to get back to the winner’s circle in Race 6 — No. 1 Unbridled’s Note for the win. Good luck and may they all come home safely.