1. Catholic (7-1): The sixth-ranked Bears were impressive in their win over McKinley last week and are the only unbeaten in 5-5A.
2. Zachary (7-1): The Broncos put up 70 points last week and face Denham Springs in a 4-5A title showdown this week.
3. St. Michael (8-0) and Plaquemine (7-1): These two meet in a showdown that will help decide the 6-4A title this week. SMHS is the only remaining unbeaten team in 5A and 4A. Plaquemine, ranked seventh, flexed its muscle in a win over Lutcher.
5. East Ascension (5-3) and Denham Springs (5-3): The Spartans beat Dutchtown in OT, a key win in the crowded District 5-5A race; Denham Springs lost to 3A power U-High last week but plays Zachary in a 4-5A showdown this week.
7. Woodlawn (5-3), McKinley (4-4), St. Amant (4-4) and Dutchtown (3-5): The rest of the teams in the 5-5A jumble will work to distinguish themselves in the next two weeks.
Class 3A and below
1. University (8-0): The Cubs were again impressive in a win over 5A Denham Springs last week and face West Feliciana in a key 7-3A game this week.
2. Livonia (7-0): The Wildcats keep rolling along in District 5-3A en route to a showdown with league co-leader Church Point.
3. West Feliciana (7-1) and Parkview Baptist (6-2): The Saints host University in a key District 7-3A game and have won four straight; Parkview is the other top 7-3A team and has won twice since losing to U-High in Week 6.
5. East Feliciana (5-2): The Tigers are unbeaten in 6-2A and in the driver’s seat going into a game with rival Northeast this week.
6. Episcopal (5-2): Big win over Northeast last week has the Knights of 6-2A back on track but still behind East Feliciana and Northeast in 6-2A standings.
7. White Castle (7-1): The Bulldogs have been impressive all year and face Ascension Catholic in a 8-1A showdown this week.
8. Southern Lab (3-5): The Kittens of 6-1A are getting healthy and are on a roll now, which isn’t the best news for other 1A schools.
9. Ascension Catholic (6-2): The Bulldogs had West St. John on the ropes in one 8-1A showdown and now have White Castle for another.
10. Northeast (6-1): Last week’s loss to Episcopal was a tough one, but the Vikings get the chance to bounce back against rival East Feliciana.