1. ZACHARY (6-1): The Broncos responded to a serious challenge by Denham Springs.
2. SCOTLANDVILLE (6-1): A 34-0 win over Central was an impressive way to rebound from a loss.
3. CATHOLIC (5-2): The Bears seem to pick up momentum each week and have five straight wins.
4. DUTCHTOWN (5-2): Always a steady presence in 5A, the Griffins seem to be hitting their stride.
5. PLAQUEMINE (4-3): The Green Devils were impressive in 6-4A win over Livonia.
6, ST. AMANT (6-1), AND LIVONIA (5-2): People will be watching to see how both 5-5A SAHS and 6-4A Livonia rebound from losses this week.
8. DENHAM SPRINGS (4-3) EAST ASCENSION (3-4): Win over St. Amant boosts an EAHS team seen as better than its record indicates. Denham Springs looks to break out after to close losses.
10. WOODLAWN (4-3): The Panthers took care of business in 6-4A to date and play Plaquemine in a big game in Week 8.
ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Central (4-3), Walker (5-2).
Classes 3A and below
1. UNIVERSITY (6-1): Cross 6-3A win over Parkview off the Cubs to-do list. That win was UHS’ sixth in a row.
2. PARKVIEW BAPTIST (4-3): Tough to drop the Eagles after a competitive loss to U-High. More challenges are on the horizon for PBS.
3. MADISON PREP (7-0): This 6-2A team hasn’t played a flawless game yet and the potential is scary.
4. SOUTHERN LAB (5-2): A 10-point win over White Castle is nice. A test from Kentwood looms in 6-1A.
5. WEST FELICIANA (4-3) AND EPISCOPAL (6-1): WFHS seems to have hit its stride in 6-3A; big win over Northeast indicates Episcopal is doing the same in 6-2A.
7. DUNHAM (6-1): The 6-2A Tigers face their biggest test yet in Madison Prep on Thursday.
8. DONALDSONVILLE (3-4): DHS is talented and poses a unique challenge in 6-3A for PBS and U-High as the season concludes.
9. WHITE CASTLE (4-3) AND NORTHEAST (4-3): Both teams lost last week but still warrant watching.
ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: none.