Jesuit beat St. Augustine 34-20 Friday night at tad Gormley.
Now the Blue Jays must try to do it again this week when they face the Purple Knights in the opening round of the Division I playoffs.
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association announced the pairings for the football playoffs Sunday morning on FSNO.
It was the first time the pairings were announced on television.
The state championship games for select schools will be played on Friday, Dec. 5, while non-select schools will crown their champions on Dec. 12 and 13.
Other intriguing first round matchups between New Orleans area schools include: Shaw playing Brother Martin, John Ehret hosting East St. John, and Slidell going to Mandeville.
John Curtis, which elected to play up in classification this season, was the only local team to earn a No. 1 seed. The Patriots nabbed the top seed in Division I playoffs. Rummel earned the No. 2 seed. Both teams earned first round byes.
Here is a look at which local teams made the playoffs in all nine LHSAA classifications.
(8) St. Paul’s will travel to (9) Evangel Christian, with the winner advancing to play St. Paul’s
(12) Shaw at (5) Brother Martin
(11) St. Augustine at (6) Jesuit
(10) Holy Cross at (7 Teurlings Catholic) , with the winner advancing to play Rummel.
St. Charles is the No. 3 seed and earned a bye and will play the winner of (6) DelLaSalle and (11) Vandebilt Catholic.
Thomas Jefferson is the No. 8 seed and will host (9) St. Louis.
(10) Lusher will travel to play Parkview Baptist.
U-High is the top seed.
(5) Newman will host (12 )Redemptorist.
(11) Hannan goes to district foe (6) St. Thomas Aquinas. St. Thomas Aquinas won 47-27 in regular season.
(14) Pope John Paul II will travel to (3) Riverside.
Catholic- New Iberia is the top seed
Vermilion Catholic is the top seed in Division IV.
Country Day is the No. 10 seed and will travel to No. 7 seed St. Edmund in the first round.
Byrd is the top seed and will host (32) Fontainbleau
(25) Covington will travel to (8) Carencro.
(12) Hahnvillle will host Ouachita Parish.
(13) Ehret will host (20) East St. John, with the winner playing the (4) Destrehan-Pineville winner.
(23) Slidell will travel to Mandeville.
Plaquemine is the top seed and will host (32) McDonogh 35.
(24) Lakeshore will travel to (9) South Terrebonne.
(5) Warren Easton will host Woodlawn- Shreveport.
(20) East Jefferson, the defending Class 4A state champions, will travel to (13) Crowley.
(29) Belle Chasse will travel to (4) Benton.
(3) Franklinton) will host (30) Washington-Marion.
(6) Landry-Walker will host (27) Cecilia.
(10) Karr, seeking a fifth straight trip to the Superdome, will host (23) Wossman.
(31) Riverdale will travel to (2)) Neville.
(19) McMain will travel to (14) Port Allen.
(22) Miller-McCoy will travel to play (11) Jennings.
Livonia is No. 1 seed in Class 3A.
(9) St. James will host (24) Carver in the first round.
(30) Sophie B. Wright will travel to (3) Sterlington.
(23) South Plaquemines will travel to (10) Oak Grove.
(15) Pine will host (18) St. Helena)
Many is the top seed.
West St. John is a No. 3 seed and gets a first round bye. The Rams will play the Varnado-Ringgold winner in the second round.
Mangham is the No. 1 seed.