1. St. Joseph’s Academy (4-0): The Redstickers won twice last week and one of those wins was the biggest of the young season so far, a 3-2 victory over Mount Carmel in a rematch of last year’s Division I final. Both teams had early season miscues, but SJA controlled the decisive fifth set.
2. East Ascension (10-3) and St. Amant (3-3): Strange pairing I admit, but the differences are easy explain. EAHS has piled up lots of wins. St. Amant’s three losses were to traditional powers in New Orleans.
4. Central (7-5) and St. Michael (6-5): These two Division II teams have been pretty solid so far and it will be interesting to see how they do once they get into district play together.
Divisions III and below
1. Parkview Baptist (6-0) and Episcopal (5-0): It’s hard to top unbeaten, isn’t it? Division III PBS has met every challenge and Episcopal added a nice feather to its cap with a win over traditional New Orleans power Newman last Thursday.
3. University (9-4): The Division IV Cubs didn’t advance out of pool play at the Dutchtown tourney over the weekend and have plenty to prove this week.
4. Lutcher (10-4): Bulldogs of Division III have a lot of wins and also handled themselves pretty well at the Dutchtown tourney.
5. St. John (10-3) and Brusly (4-5): Division III Brusly was unbeaten in its tourney and Division V St. John placed second.