1. Scotlandville 19-4: It looks like the Hornets have gotten their mojo back with 4-0 mark in 4-5A.
2. St. Michael 19-3: Give the 6-4A Warriors this spot based on impressive record. Tuesday game with Plaquemine is pivotal.
3. Plaquemine 16-5: The Green Devils have a few losses that may bother some but have been one of area’s most impressive teams.
4. McKinley 13-9: Yes the 5-5A Panthers have lost few to high-level foes, including Friday’s 67-61 loss to Karr. Those losses could pay dividends.
5. Denham Springs 16-6 and Catholic 13-5: DSHS lost twice last week in 4-5A, while Catholic of 5-5A has been on a roll.
7. Broadmoor 12-7: The Bucs have been solid in 4-5A and may be area’s most improved team.
8. Zachary 13-8: Yet another solid 4-5A team that has surprised some.
9. St. Amant 13-8: Like Broadmoor, Gators of 5-5A are enjoying a turnaround season.
10. Lutcher 15-3: The Bulldogs dropped their 6-4A opener but are another team to watch.
Classes 3A and below
1. Madison Prep 18-1 and University 18-2: The BR area’s best two teams. The Hall of Fame showdown for 1A MPA and 3A UHS looms this week.
3. Port Allen 15-4: Despite the big loss to UHS last Friday in 7-3A, the Pelicans remain one of BR’s elite.
4. Episcopal 17-2: The 6-2A Knights aren’t the biggest or quickest. What they do is find ways to win.
5. Southern Lab 15-4: It will be an interesting week for the talented Kittens, who play Madison Prep in 6-1A.
6. Glen Oaks 13-7: Give the Panthers the nod here based on their 3-1 record in 7-3A.
7. Donaldsonville 14-6: The Tigers face a key test from E.D. White in 9-3A this week.
8. Albany 13-7 and Dunham 11-9: AHS of 8-3A is enjoying a great season, while Dunham of 6-2A is deceptively good.
10. White Castle 15-7 and Doyle 17-5: Yet another solid year for WCHS in 8-1A, while Doyle is leading 7-2A.
1. Walker 21-4 and Broadmoor 18-5: The two 4-5A teams help lead the way for a balanced group.
3. Scotlandville 13-7: A loss to Walker and forfeit has the Hornets trailing the 4-5A leaders now.
4. St. Michael 15-9: The 6-4A Warriors are predictably on a roll as league play begins.
5. Zachary 15-8: Now 4-1 and part of the 4-5A jumble at the top.
6. Dutchtown 13-10: The Griffins grabbed the early 5-5A lead with a win over St. Amant last week.
7. Plaquemine 13-12: There’s a showdown for the Green Devils and St. Michael on Tuesday.
8. St. Joseph’s Academy 9-10: The overall record may not look impressive but the Redstickers are 2-0 in 5-5A.
9. St. Amant 12-11 and Belaire 10-10: Both the Gators of 5-5A and Belaire of 6-4A will have chances to make their mark.
Classes 3A and below
1. University 19-2: The Cubs have a 7-3A loss but lead the way in this group.
2. Albany 17-5: The Livingston Parish-based Hornets face an 8-3A battle with Jewel Sumner but are a solid top pick for this group.
3. Redemptorist 18-5 and Parkview Baptist 16-6: The Wolves are unbeaten in 6-2A, while PBS is part of the 7-3A scramble with UHS.
5. Brusly 15-7: The 7-3A Panthers beat U-High before losing to PBS and have been solid.
7. Madison Prep 18-7 and Southern Lab 10-8: It will be interesting to see what happens when these two 6-1A teams square off this week.
9. Ascension Catholic 13-7: A serious contender in 8-1A.
10. East Feliciana 10-7 and White Castle 13-10: EFHS of 6-2A is top challenger for Redemptorist; WCHS will test ACHS and others in 8-1A.