1. St. Joseph’s Academy (11-4): The Division I Redstickers lost to Mount Carmel in five sets Saturday and could play the Cubs again this week in their own Red Hot Sticker Classic this weekend.
2. St. Amant (8-4): The Gators of Division I rebounded from a loss to SJA last Thursday to beat traditional power Assumption on Saturday.
3. Central (9-7): The Division II Wildcats have played a tough schedule to date and it has paying dividends — note the Monday win over St. Michael.
4. St. Michael the Archangel (9-6): The Division II Warriors have impressed with a group of newcomers who have excelled.
5. East Ascension (11-5) and Baton Rouge High (11-5): BRHS won a tourney last weekend and EAHS has a number of wins. We’ll have to see how both teams progress.
Division III and below
1. Parkview Baptist (8-0) and Episcopal (10-1): PBS of Division III is unbeaten, while Division IV EHS is 10-1. Both teams have proven themselves this season
3. University (13-4): Cubs were the Division IV runner-up last season and also beat traditional power Assumption last week.
4. St. John (12-3): The Division III Eagles have played some solid competition and are a top Division V program.
5. Lutcher (14-6): The Division III Bulldogs have played a lot of games so far and it will be interesting to see the progression during the season.