Large Schools (Division I and II)
1. Mt. Carmel: Big things appear to be ahead for the Cubs.
2. Ben Franklin: Five-set win over Cabrini last week cements position.
3. Mandeville: Undefeated in balanced Div. I north shore district.
4. St. Scholastica: Doves go undefeated in Division II, District 4.
5. Cabrini: Drops a notch after three losses to close regular season.
6. Slidell: Can play with almost anyone when their game is on.
7. Northshore: Drops a spot after going up two sets and eventually losing to Slidell.
8. Chapelle: One of top Division I teams in state’s power rankings.
Small Schools (Division III, IV, V)
1. Pope John Paul II: Certainly favored to repeat as Division IV champ.
2. Hannan: Could see PJP one more time this year; deep in the playoffs presumably.
3. Country Day: Very nice win over SSA last week.
4. McGehee: State’s top power ranking in Division V.
5. Ursuline: The Lions figure to roar in the Division III postseason
6. Sacred Heart: No. 4 in state’s Division IV power rankings.
7. Curtis: Ranked No. 5 team in the same listing.
8. Newman: The Greenies always are tough in the playoffs.