Everything Reginald Hayes touched seemed to turn to gold for Parkview Baptist on Friday. So on fourth-and-goal at the 1 in a tie game in the fourth quarter, why not let the quarterback have another touch?

Hayes plunged in on a 1-yard quarterback sneak for a touchdown with 5:50 left — his fifth touchdown of the game — lifting Parkview Baptist to a 33-26 win over Catholic at Olympia Stadium.

Hayes rushed for 120 yards and four touchdowns on 21 carries and completed 6 of 7 passes for 71 yards and another touchdown for the Eagles, the No. 3-ranked team in Class 3A, who clawed back from a 19-6 first quarter deficit to take down the Class 5A Bears.

“I’m proud of the kids’ character,” Parkview Baptist coach Jay Mayet said. “They persevered and it’s not like we changed what we do.”

Indeed, it was vintage Parkview. The Eagles dominated on offense, rolling up 334 rushing yards with its vaunted wishbone offense. Throw in Hayes’ passing yards and the Eagles rolled up 405 yards to 262 for Catholic, the No. 8-ranked team in 5A.

“We felt like we were getting good push up front,” Mayet said. “We felt like we could push it in there.”

The Eagles did it it all night, not only with Hayes, but also with running back Kaylin White, who rushed for 138 yards on 16 carries, consistently punishing Catholic with big gains on the same counter play.

“They ran us out of the stadium with that play,” Catholic coach Dale Weiner said.

Still, the game was decided in the final minutes. Catholic faced a fourth-and-3 at the Parkview 19, driving to tie the game, but quarterback Ian Brian was stopped a yard short of converting the first down on a fourth-down keeper with 1:08 left.

That wasn’t the worst moment for the Bears offense. After Catholic jumped to early leads of 12-0, then 19-6 after Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s 99-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, the next five Catholic possessions were disasters.

The next two were foiled by fumbled snaps on the first play, leading to three-and-outs. There was also an interception a play after Parkview fumbled it away.

In the third quarter, Edwards-Helaire turned the ball over on fumbles on consecutive carries.

It added up to Parkview running 60 plays to just 46 for Catholic.

“Our defense had their hands full with a great offense,” Catholic coach Dale Weiner said. “But our offense needed to help us out more. Our last three possessions of the first half were killer. We had a chance to widen our lead, but instead, we let them get tight.”

Edwards-Helaire had a hot-and-cold day, rushing for 111 yards on 15 carries, including a first-half touchdown to go with his long kickoff return.

But his two third-quarter fumbles both led to Parkview touchdowns within two plays. The first led to Hayes’ 29-yard flea flicker touchdown pass to Jacob Ruffin on the next play to tie the game at 19-19. The next one led to Hayes’ 31-yard touchdown scramble that gave Parkview a 26-19 lead with 3:30 left in the third quarter.

Ben Miles tied it at 26-26 with 10:56 left on a 1-yard run, but Parkview answered the way it usually does, a grinding 10-play drive to go 67 yards for the winning score.

And Hayes, as he did all night, finished it.