Large schools (Divisions I and II)
1. MT. CARMEL:Took St. Thomas More to five sets before losing.
2. BEN FRANKLIN: Undefeated district record heading into the playoffs.
3. MANDEVILLE: Won Academy of Our Lady tournament.
4. CABRINI: Only district loss was to Franklin.
5. ST. SCHOLASTICA: Defeated Lakeshore for second time to clinch district honors.
6.NORTHSHORE: Can finish strongly in district with wins over Ponchatoula and Slidell.
7. ACADEMY OF OUR LADY: Made final of own tourney to claw back into the rankings.
8. LAKESHORE: SSA remains a stumbling block.
Small schools (Divisions III, IV, V)
1. POPE JOHN PAUL II: Beat Northlake Christian and Hannan to clinch district.
2. HANNAN: Though lost to PJP and MCA last week, still a threat as postseason nears.
3. COUNTRY DAY: Cajuns close district Tuesday against St. Martin’s.
4. MCGEHEE: Looking especially strong this season.
5. URSULINE: Best Division III team in the area.
6. SACRED HEART: In good form as playoffs approach.
7. CURTIS:Can wrap district against St. James on Tuesday.
8. NORTHLAKE CHRISTIAN: Couldn’t hang with PJP and Hannan, but not many can.