Tevin King might have missed all of his field goal attempts, but he still had a perfect night.

Despite going 0-for-6 from the field, the senior’s perfect 14-for-14 performance from the free throw line helped push Landry-Walker to a 71-66 win in a District 10-4A matchup at McDonogh 35 on Wednesday night.

“(Tevin’s) one of our returning kids from our state championship team, so he plays with a lot of poise,” Landry-Walker coach Brian Gibson said. “He was the first guard off the bench (last year), and now he’s getting an opportunity to show what he can do. He was big for us tonight.”

Landry-Walker (18-8, 4-0), the No. 2 team in the New Orleans Advocate Super 10, took control of the game with a 10-2 run to open the fourth quarter that was capped by a Khalil Williams 3-pointer that gave the Chargin’ Bucs a 52-45 lead early in the quarter — their largest of the game to that point.

The Roneagles (17-11, 2-2), No. 8 in the Super 10, fought to keep the game within striking distance, but were never able to get any closer than three points down the stretch.

Lamar Peters led the Chargin’ Bucs attack with 25 points on 8-of-17 shooting from the field to go along with four rebounds and three steals. Williams added 17 points and three rebounds.

“In the fourth quarter, we came out a little more aggressive and playing more team ball,” Peters said.

“I knew it was going to be a tough test playing against them, they are a good team. I’m looking forward to playing them again.”

Gibson said the shooting of Peters and Williams was the major difference in the game and why Landry-Walker was able to take control of the game in the fourth quarter.

Peters and Williams combined to go 10-of-23 from beyond the arc, while McDonogh 35 only combined to make for five 3-pointers on the night.

“I thought we got some good 3-point shooting from them, and I thought that enabled us to separate,” Gibson said. “All game, Lamar Peters was hitting big shots for us whenever we needed them. Those two guys came up big for us whenever we needed to stem the tide.”

Peters and McDonogh 35 center Bryson Gresham attempted to take control of the game in the third quarter, combining for 19 of the 28 total points scored in the period. King’s two free throws midway through the quarter was the first time anyone other than Peters or Gresham scored in the period.

McDonogh 35 guard De’Jon Jarreau scored layups on the final two Roneagles possessions of the quarter to balance the McDonogh 35 attack and give it a 43-42 lead heading into the fourth.

Gresham finished with 20 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocks. Jarreau contributed 19 points (15 in the second half) and seven rebounds.

“I thought we had to many mental and defensive breakdowns in the fourth quarter,” McDonogh 35 coach Kevin Sanders said. “We were allowing them to get second-chance shots, we played well in our initial defense, but we were giving them too many second looks.”

The Roneagles got an early offensive boost from an unsuspected source in forward Nakeem Martin during the first quarter. Martin, who usually helps McDonogh 35 with his defensive presence, scored eight of the first 10 points for the Roneagles, but they were unable to separate themselves, taking a 14-13 lead into the second quarter.

The game remained close in the second quarter, as neither team could increase its lead to any larger than three points.

“We weren’t able to convert the way we were in the first half,” Sanders said. “They did a great job on defense, but I think we got away from what we were doing and we weren’t as cohesive as we were in the first half.”