Woodlawn’s offense finally came to life with two scores in the final four minutes of a 14-0 win over Broamoor on Friday night in the Coca-Cola Kickoff Classic Jamboree at Woodlawn High School.

Broadmoor controlled the time of possession in the scoreless first half. Woodlawn, a high-powered offensive team the past few seasons with veteran skill position players returning, was limited to one first down and had the ball for just three minutes in the first half.

Sarah Reed edged Belaire 14-12 in the first game.

Woodlawn went three-and-out on its first series of the second 12-minute half. Then senior quarterback

Kendall Barnes stepped up in the next series. Woodlawn took over at the Broadmoor 36-yard line. Brent Terrance ran twice for 12 yards, Kenneth Collins ran for 5 yards and Barnes passed 18 yards to Jamaal Lofton. Collins scored on a 2-yard run with 3:24 remaining. Junior place-kicker Jonathan Barnes converted for a 7-0 lead.

Two plays later, Broadmoor’s John Chester was intercepted by Triandus Edwards at the Broadmoor 26-yard line. Following a Woodlawn penalty, Barnes passed 28 yards to Cameron Lazare and tossed a 3-yard scoring delay pattern to Deandre Cosby for the 14-0 win.

“I thought the first half was pathetic,” Woodlawn coach Don Jones said. “We looked like a championship football team in our scrimmage, and we just came out and went through the motions tonight. I’m not taking anything away from Broadmoor, which is a much improved team.”

Barnes completed 4-of-10 passes for 45 yards. He had five straight incompletions early in the game. Emmanuel Stewart led Woodlawn with 29 yards on three carries.

Broadmoor quarterback Joshua Rogers rushed six times for 21 yards and completed 4-of-7 passes for 19 yards. Rogers was injured in the game and was held out in the second half. Devontae Thomas rushed four times for 19 yards.

SARAH REED 14, BELAIRE 12: Belaire senior quarterback Jarvis York engineered a seven-play, 72-yard drive in the final minute to put the Bengals back in the game. York passed 20 yards to Devin Day and 40 yards to Jordan Johnson to put the ball at the Sarah Reed 12. Following an incompletion, York rushed three times, and scored from the 1 with 15.2 seconds left. York was stopped short on the two-point conversion, and the Bengals just missed recovering the onsides kick.

Sarah Reed struck first in both halves. Derrick Johnson scored on a 32-yard pass from Tevin Greensberry and the PAT was blocked with 5:35 left in the first half. Belaire’s Joseph Morrison scored on a 2-yard run with 3:32 remaining. The ensuing pass failed and the game was tied 6-6 at the half.

Greensberry scored on a 4-yard run with 1:12 remaining in the second half. Javae Turner ran for two points and a 14-6 lead. York then led Belaire on its quick score.

It was the first action under the lights for Jason Wilkins, Belaire’s new head coach. He had been in the program 12 years as an assistant.

“Our kids fought to the end,” Wilkins said. “We had a chance at the end and that is all I can ask. Jarvis York is our leader and our go-to guy. We’re expecting big things from him. Our defense played hard. We’ve got to tackle better. I’m pleased with the effort.”

York rushed 11 times for 66 yards. He completed 3-of-8 passes for 65 yards.