1. ZACHARY (7-1): The 4-5A Broncos flexed their muscles a bit in a win over Live Oak.
2. CATHOLIC (6-2): Impressive six-game winning streak for the 5-5A Bears.
3. SCOTLANDVILLE (7-1): Another solid 4-5A team that keeps piling up victories.
4. DUTCHTOWN (6-2): The Griffins meet Catholic in a 5-5A unbeatens battle this week.
5. PLAQUEMINE (5-3) AND CENTRAL (5-3): The Green Devils have the inside track on the 6-4A title; Central faces 4-5A showdown with Zachary this week.
7. LIVONIA (6-2): Wildcats have been steady in their first 6-4A season.
8. ST. AMANT (6-2) AND LIVE OAK (5-3): Bouncing back is the key here. St. Amant has lost two straight and LOHS saw its winning streak end.
10. WOODLAWN (4-4): Panthers played a tough predistrict schedule and should keep surprising people.
ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Belaire (5-3), Denham Springs (4-4), East Ascension (3-5), Walker (5-3).
Classes 3A and below
1. UNIVERSITY (7-1): The 6-3A Cubs have won seven straight and met all challenges.
2. MADISON PREP (8-0): BR’s breakout team faces Episcopal with 6-2A title on the line this week.
3. PARKVIEW BAPTIST (5-3): The 6-3A Eagles have to be Louisiana’s best three-loss team.
4. SOUTHERN LAB (5-2): The 1A Kittens look to finish strong after a Week 8 open date.
5. LUTCHER (7-1): The Bulldogs of 9-3A have thrived in their return to Class 3A.
6. WEST FELICIANA (5-3): Looks like the 6-3A Saints are peaking, and they host Parkview this week.
7. EPISCOPAL (7-1): The Knights will tackle Goliath Madison Prep this week in their toughest test.
8. WHITE CASTLE (5-3): Consider the 6-1A Bulldogs another tough three-loss team.
9. NORTHEAST (5-3): The Vikings of 6-2A regrouped after back-to-back losses.
10. ST. JAMES (5-3): It’s also time for the 9-3A Wildcats to regroup after two losses.
ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Catholic-PC (5-3), Christian Life 5-3, Dunham (7-2).