Large schools (Divisions I and II)
1. MT. CARMEL: Loss to perennial foe St. Joseph’s last week not a bad one.
2. MANDEVILLE: Playing the best of the best teams so far and impressing.
3. ST. SCHOLASTICA: The Doves lost in five to Mandeville. No shame in that.
4. DOMINICAN: Sweep of Northshore is equally sweet.
5. BEN FRANKLIN: Tough losses to Hannan and McGehee, but this is a very good team.
6. CABRINI: When your only losses are to Mt. Carmel and PJP II, you remain on radar.
7. LAKESHORE: Trucking along, albeit at 2-2.
8. PEARL RIVER: Rebels enter the rankings at 5-2.
Small schools (Divisions III, IV, V)
1. POPE JOHN PAUL II: Undefeated Jaguars take top spot after going 6-0 in HLB tourney.
2. M CGEHEE: Loss in Dutchtown tournament was first of season.
3. COUNTRY DAY: Quality out-of-state wins prove how rough small schools rankings are.
4. SACRED HEART:The Cardinals can be dominant this year.
5. HANNAN: Straight sets victory over Ben Franklin last week.
6. URSULINE: Some nice wins (Belle Chasse, Northlake Christian) last week.
7. JOHN CURTIS: Only losses are to teams ranked higher than them.
8. HAYNES: Team clings to eighth in the rankings.