1. ST. JOSEPH’S ACADEMY (11-7): That brutal schedule and youth aren’t enough to keep the Redstickers of Division I, District 3 from leading this list.
2. CENTRAL (15-5): The Division II, District 3 Wildcats have some nice wins and are 1-0 in district.
3. ZACHARY (13-7): A win over St. Michael last week tempers a couple of tourney losses for the Division I, District 3 Broncos.
4. ST. AMANT (9-8): The Division I, District 4 Gators are another team that should reap benefits from a tough schedule.
5. WOODLAWN (14-11): Despite five straight losses the Panthers of Division II, District 3 rate just above several other teams.
Divisions III and below
1. ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL (12-5): The Warriors started the season red hot and are next set for play in talented Division III, District 6.
2. LUTCHER (14-6): Two recent losses don’t taint the Bulldogs potential going into Division III, District 6.
3. PARKVIEW BAPTIST (11-5): Runner-up finish at Woodlawn’s Rumble in Jungle has the Eagles ready to face SMHS and Lutcher in district.
4. EPISCOPAL (10-5): The Knights are unbeaten in early Division IV, District 3 competition.
5. ASCENSION CATHOLIC (14-7): The Division V, District 3 Bulldogs have excelled despite a tough schedule.