Nancy Dupuy refers to them as “God days.”

It’s one of those miraculous events you can’t really explain.

They occur just once in a lifetime.

Or so she probably thought.

Her son showed her on Thursday they can happen twice.

Alex Dupuy, a sophomore at Holy Rosary, bowled an 813 series at AMF All Star Lanes in Kenner.

It is believed to be the highest series in LHSAA history.

It was the second time he has bowled an 800 series and it came just a little more than a year after his 811 last year.

This one was for Kenny Robertson, who died Monday of cancer. Robertson, a local bowling enthusiast, was 63.

“I just bowled the best I could in memory of Mr. Kenny,” Dupuy said. “I felt like he was watching over me. I think he would be very proud.”

Surely, he would have been.

Dupuy chose to bowl with a ball that he hadn’t used in a couple years, a Track 811A Special Edition. Robertson was a member of the Track staff.

Nancy Dupuy found out the day before that Alex would be using that ball.

“That’s the second ball he ever got,” she recalled. “He used it for a little while and it didn’t appeal to him. But he told me that’s the ball Mr. Kenny represented. Mr. Kenny bowled with nothing but Track and so he wanted to bowl with that to represent Mr. Kenny.”

Wise choice.

He bowled games of 279, 269 and 265, knocking down pins just like he knocks down any other obstacles in his life.

Flashback to Feb. 3 of 2014.

That’s the day Dupuy was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, a rare form of tongue cancer.

Two weeks later, he bowled an 811.

It included a perfect 300 game.

Alex Handback, district manager for McCorvey’s Pro Shop.Handback, had this to say at the time: “Bowling an 800 is twice as rare as a 300.”

Now Dupuy has done it again. But he has lived the normal 16-year-old life between his 800s.

Just a few days after that first 800, he underwent surgery at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston to have 50 percent of his tongue removed, as well as lymph nodes from the left side of his neck.

That was followed by six weeks of intense radiation before returning home in May.

Then he attended summer school to catch up on his school work.

He goes back to Anderson every three months with his next visit scheduled for April.

“He is cancer-free and if everything is still clear, he will go into the second year of what they call Survivorship,” Nancy Dupuy said.

And of course, he’ll continue to bowl, something he started doing just 2 ½ years ago.

And maybe, he’ll find the inspiration to roll a third 800.

“When he did it last year, it was the right time to give him the push to get through the surgery because he knew he was going to come back to bowling,” his mom said. “This year, the difference is that he was bowling for a totally different reason. He wasn’t bowling for himself. He was bowling out of maturity and respect for anther bowling enthusiast. It was a true blessing to see my son back on his mark and that he did it for the love of another bowler. It was just a good day overall.”

Well, not just a good day, Nancy.

A God day.