1. ZACHARY (2-0): The Broncos still in the top spot after impressive win over Catholic.
2. SCOTLANDVILLE (2-0): Big win over St. Augustine gives Hornets a slight edge over two teams listed below.
3. DENHAM SPRINGS (2-0), ST. AMANT (2-0): DSHS gives District 4-5A a huge top three. St. Amant of 5-5A has been impressive and faces key challenge in Lutcher this week.
5. DUTCHTOWN (1-1): Win over Central puts Griffins of 5-5A back on course.
6. CENTRAL (1-1): That loss to Dutchtown also validates the 4-5A Wildcats’ moves after 4-6 finish last year.
7. PLAQUEMINE (1-1) AND LIVONIA (1-1): The two 6-4A teams rebounded with big wins in Week 2.
9. EAST ASCENSION (1-1): 5-5A Spartans got a win and now host No. 1 Zachary this week.
10. WALKER (2-0): Great start, but many challenges loom for the other 4-5A Wildcats.
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Catholic (0-2), McKinley (1-1), Live Oak (1-1).
Classes 3A and below
1. UNIVERSITY (1-1): Talented 6-3A team with room for growth faces 5A Mandeville next.
2. PARKVIEW BAPTIST (1-1): 6-3A Eagles must rebound quickly with 5A Curtis here Thursday.
3. LUTCHER (2-0): The Bulldogs of 9-3A and 5A St. Amant will test each other this week.
4. MADISON PREP (2-0) AND SOUTHERN LAB (1-1): Another solid win for Class 2A MPA, Southern Lab should benefit from tough love served up by U-High.
6. BRUSLY (2-0), EPISCOPAL (2-0) AND DUNHAM (2-0): All are unbeaten and still have plenty to prove in the weeks ahead. Contenders or pretenders? We’ll see as the season goes on.
9. EAST FELICIANA (1-1): A loss to 5A Ruston doesn’t diminish the potential for 2A EFHS.
10. NORTHEAST (1-1): The 2A Vikings rebounded with a big win over Baker.
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN: Port Allen (1-1), Ascension Catholic (1-1), West Feliciana (0-2), White Castle (0-2).