1. ST. JOSEPH’S ACADEMY (10-6): The Division I Redstickers suffered a few losses last week but still advanced to the final of their tourney.
2. CENTRAL (14-4) AND ST. AMANT (8-5): The Wildcats have been impressive to date in Division II. St. Amant’s tough schedule should pay off down the road.
4. BATON ROUGE HIGH (10-5): The momentum has slowed a little after a fast start, but this Division I team has a lot of potential.
5. WOODLAWN (10-7): The Panthers are coming off a solid showing at the Tara tournament.
Divisions III and below
1. ST. MICHAEL (10-4): The move down to Division III definitely seems to agree with the Warriors.
2. LUTCHER (13-4): Division III Lutcher has won 11 of 12 including nice win over Division I Dutchtown last week
3. SOUTHERN LAB (12-4): This athletic Division V has beaten several teams in higher divisions.
4. PARKVIEW BAPTIST (5-2): PBS has taken more of a low key start to the season but face some key nondistrict challenges this week.
5. EPISCOPAL (7-5): Division IV Knights have played a tough schedule to date, which should help as season progresses.