Igor Castillo-Vilez goal in the 71st minute lifted 10th-seeded Woodlawn to a 1-0 upset of No. 2 Captain Shreve in a Division II quarterfinal soccer playoff game Tuesday night at Woodlawn.

Eduin Delcid threaded the ball in to Castillo-Vilez from the top of the penalty box. Working left of the goal, Castillo-Vilez drew out goalkeeper Alex Melvin before placing his kick inside the right post.

“I’m just glad I scored the goal,” Castillo-Vilez said. “My teammate gave me a great pass. We hustled the whole game to get that goal, and I’m just happy to help the team win.”

Woodlawn (17-3-1) advances to the semifinals and will play at Holy Cross, a 6-3 winner over Neville, on Saturday. Captain Shreve (17-3-1) had its 10-game winning streak snapped.

Woodlawn coach Andrew Barnes talked about his team’s defensive effort after the win.

“One stat I think people are overlooking is that’s another zero for our defense,” said Barnes, whose team recorded its eighth consecutive shutout.

“We’ve had a lot of press on the goals that we’ve scored throughout the season, and we do score goals. At the same time, our back four has absolutely been solid.”

The Barnes’ back row — Edin Rodriquez, Jymiri George, Omer Mohammed and Michael Poor — helped limit Captain Shreve to five shots until Castillo-Vilez’ goal. The Gators finished with 13 after a closing barrage in the final minutes.

Woodlawn goalkeeper David Espinosa did his part with seven saves.

For Captain Shreve, playing on a narrow field away from home proved to be too much to overcome.

“We had some kicks here and there, but the ball just didn’t bounce our way,” said Captain Shreve coach Stephen Slack, whose home field is 30 yards wider than Woodlawn’s.

“We would have enjoyed a little wider field with a chance to spread it out. With their athleticism and (Delcid), they’re dangerous in small environments.”

The first 20 minutes was played on even terms with neither team mounting a threat. That changed in the 24th minute when Woodlawn generated its first of four corner kicks over the next three minutes.

The Panthers’ best scoring chance came after the third corner kick. Delcid’s shot from 30 yards out was deflected off the crossbar by Melvin.

In the 61st minute, Delcid sent a pass into the box for Brennan Arceneaux. Arceneaux beat Melvin to the ball, but his kick was wide right of the goal.

Minutes later, Castillo-Vilez ran down a pass left of the goal, but it was too deep. His angle was too steep, and his kick stayed outside of both posts.

Captain Shreve’s best chance to tie the score came in the 78th minute. Luke Lemere sent a free kick to the front of the goal, where Sheldon Welker and Christian Lindsey both misfired on headers.

“For eighty minutes it was a battle,” Slack said. “They found one with about 10 left, and that put a dagger in us.”

In the immediate aftermath, Barnes wasn’t sure where his team would be headed for its semifinal game, but he wasn’t worried.

“Either way, it doesn’t matter,” he said. “We’re playing.”