1. Scotlandville 22-4: The Hornets are unbeaten in 4-5A and have won nine straight since losing to McKinley in the EBR tourney.
2. Plaquemine 19-5: Give the Green Devils a slight edge over Catholic here.
3. Catholic 17-5: The Bears are unbeaten in 5-5A and have a key game with St. Amant this week.
4. St. Michael 21-4: A loss to Plaquemine is the lone blemish on the Warriors’ 6-4A record.
5. Denham Springs 19-6: It has been a steady year for the 4-5A Yellow Jackets, who could be a surprise team in the playoffs.
6. St. Amant 16-9: The Gators trail Catholic by a game in 5-5A and have a chance to even the score this week. However, Dutchtown looms first.
7. Central 12-6: This team has gotten better since the start of 2015, winning five of seven.
8. Tara 13-12 and McKinley 14-12: Tara is a threat to St. Michael and Plaquemine in 6-4A. Can McKinley gain its December swagger? It will be tough for foes if it does.
10. Broadmoor 14-9: The resurgent Bucs have proven themselves but would love to get a few more wins.
Classes 3A and below
1. Madison Prep 25-1: The Class 1A Chargers are rolling and lead BR’s powerful small schools group.
2. University 22-3: Like MPA, the 3A Cubs also figure to roll right into the playoffs.
3. Episcopal 21-2: Give the 2A Knights an edge over the others based on fundamentals and consistency.
4. Port Allen 19-5: The 3A Pelicans have size and skill on their side, which is always a good combination.
5. Donaldsonville 18-6: The Tigers of 9-3A have won eight straight and also should surprise plenty in the postseason.
6. White Castle 19-7: The Bulldogs are unbeaten in 8-1A play and always play well in February.
7. Southern Lab 17-5: If the 1A Kittens overcome injuries and become more consistent, they’ll be a tough matchup in the playoffs.
8. Glen Oaks 16-8 and Brusly 16-8: Part of the talented 7-3A group that also includes UHS and Port Allen.
10. Dunham 15-9: The Tigers are better than their record indicates and trail only Episcopal in 6-2A.
1. Walker 25-4: The Wildcats have been at or near the top of the state’s 5A power rankings all year.
2. Zachary 19-9: ZHS has emerged from the 4-5A pack and trails Walker by one game.
3. St. Michael 18-9: The Warriors are unbeaten in 6-4A again.
4. Scotlandville 14-8: Give the Hornets a slight edge over 4-5A rival Broadmoor based on two wins over the Bucs.
5. Broadmoor 19-8: Despite having just eight players, the Bucs have played at a high level all season.
6. St. Joseph’s Academy 13-10: The Redstickers are 6-0 and lead District 5-5A.
7. Dutchtown 16-11: The Griffins are second to SJA in 5-5A.
8. St. Amant 14-12: Look for the Gators to make some noise in the second half of 5-5A play.
9. Plaquemine 15-13: The Green Devils are 4-1 and trail only St. Michael in 6-4A.
10. Live Oak 12-11: Credit the Eagles with a milestone win over Denham Springs last week in 4-5A.
Classes 3A and below
1. University 22-2: The Cubs have reasserted their dominance in the second round of District 7-3A play.
2. Albany 21-6: The Hornets are among the 3A elite like U-High.
3. East Feliciana 14-7 and Redemptorist 19-7: These teams meet Tuesday to help decide the District 6-2A title.
5. Parkview Baptist 19-6: The Eagles have had a breakout season in 7-3A.
6. Madison Prep 22-7: It has been an impressive year two for the Chargers of 6-1A.
7. Southern Lab 13-9: Another solid 6-1A team.
8. Brusly 18-8: Part of the 7-3A mix behind U-High.
9. White Castle 16-10: The Bulldogs have just one loss in 8-1A going into showdown with White Castle.
10. Holden 20-8, Episcopal 18-8 and Donaldsonville 16-10: All warrant watching.