Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
Picks made today for fast track and on turf
3. Nightlife Baby: Favorite looks especially tough against this bunch.
1. Littlebitofsense: Not without merit and has a bit of recency to boast.
1. Riposte: Big win in last and that effort towers over this field.
4. E Z Trick: Is dangerous if allowed to get an easy lead.
2. Easter Ellie: Three real nice efforts on turf and looks like another coming here.
4. Wake Up And Run: Willing to excuse the early turf flops – better form for this try.
3. Numberonegun: Track has favored speed and this one has abundance.
8. Alexander Glacken: Has the tactical speed to stay close and launch bid late.
5. Will It Thunder: Looks to be primed to pop the gate after last sprint try.
4. Bisque: Will try to wrangle the early lead away from top choice.
4. True Flat: Ingram doesn’t want to part ways with this one — a double claim back.
5. Malachite: Will try to take them all the way from the front end.
1. Reine des Animaux: Well bred firster by hot sire Pioneerofthenile.
5. Don’t Saddleforless: Showed speed out in California and now changes surfaces.
4. Long Lost Friend: Has a win over the course last year and loves the green.
7. Gunnite Gracie: Five out of ten on the turf and tried FG green for first time.
- inth race
10. Runmaker: Debuts for sharp trainer and gets one of great jockeys Pat Valenzuela.
8. Honest Prints: Excellent debut trainer and Hawley owns a piece of this live one.
Around the Track
Pat Valenzuela has had a few mounts over the first few racing days here at the Fair Grounds and for those new to the game this is a jockey of extreme talent. Valenzuela has won over 4,000 during his career riding the toughest circuits but mainly based out of California. He is beginning another comeback from retirement and as one of his biggest fans over the years, we wish him all the best.
Our best bet today will be in Race 4 — Numberonegun. This one has real speed in a race that is somewhat devoid of a potent element that is powerful over this track early in the meet. Good luck and may they all come home safely.