Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
2. The Tascosa Kid: Legit win in last could be finally finding his stride.
8. Big Red Cat: Certainly has the speed to get to the lead makes him dangerous.
2. Dontblamerocket: Have to believe he improves ever so slightly after first run.
5. Nickel Plated: Big maiden win followed up by nice run against a nice horse in next.
4. Big Game Baby: Taking a big drop in class and has some speed to dominate – price.
5. Budget Cut: The one to beat for top connections and has speed to position early.
1. Walk with Pride: Going to be overlooked in wagering and a big price big chance.
3. – Slideruler: Run well at this level on this track so must be respected today.
8. Runaway Ide: Popular horse at the claim box changing barns last two outs.
3. He’s All Mine: Drops once again trying to find the right level for his talents.
5. Nobody’s Fault: Had some pace to run at last time should get similar setup here.
1. Sunny Oak: A tough horse on dirt and turf and draws the rail to save needed ground.
8. Jubal: Taking the in form horse here who has moved to a new barn — still fires today.
10. Papa Sol: Has run well at FG and has win at Delta in between starts here at FG oval.
8. Marvmarvmarv: First time starter for hot barn with good works and bad field.
9. Picot: Showed interest having the lead in last before fading but will improve.
3. Stonetacular: Ran second off layoff to a next out stakes winner — tough to beat.
7. Karula: Ran off the screen to win first out in Washington state stakes — talented.
10. Candy Rail: First time starter facing a non-talented bunch and has good works.
4. Mienu: Three time starter has finished in the money and drops a bit here off last.
Around the track
We are seeing a few more shippers from Delta Downs in the entry box this past week and some jockeys and trainers who spend most of their time at the western track. This is due to some stables shipping out of Fair Grounds near the end of the meet and Delta Downs finishing their season a few days back. This makes for tougher handicapping for this handicapper, but we like a few today on the Chok’s Choices card. Pay attention to Race 9 Sunday as we have some nice horses and some interesting stories with a few private purchases and a horse, Stonetacular, who could be a real nice prospect for his connections.
Our best bet Sunday will be in Race 1 — No. 2 The Tascosa Kid. Ran a nice winning race in last and is the in form horse to start the day. Good luck and may they all come home safely.