Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
Picks made today for fast track and on turf..
2. Stardust Skies: Roussel horse coming off 4-month layoff just missed in only start.
6. Lady Areydne: Ran 2nd versus similar in only start out of Midwest Thoroughbreds.
4. Blue Tizzy: Early speed in race should help chances today dropping in class.
1. Bello Amante: Drops in class rail post should help will press late.
6. Private Estate: Ran 2nd in last versus similar having failed as favorite in last 3.
3. Colour Party: Ran 2nd in last off an improve just missed with late bid.
Off turf selections: 2-5.
6. Pocketball: Drops 2 class levels after being gelded off 10-month layoff .
3. Hey Meestermeester: Coming off 5-month layoff drops in class off sharp workout.
4. Bucking Thunder: 17 for 28 in the money with 7 of last 10 wins.
3. Ice Climber: Grey ran 3rd in last off game effort looks to spoil at a price.
Off turf selections: 10-7.
1. Idebeaindian: Ran 2nd in last on improved effort. Gets rail will help chances today.
5. My Buddy Chuck: Grey bumped at break in last after just missing in previous two .
10. Inavanti: Stidham trained charge drops in class can run well with these.
1. Top of the Page: Part of solid double entry that will be coming late dropping in class.
Off turf selections: 7-1a.
2. Our Wild Dancer: Stall sends out grey who was well bet in debut .
8. He’s All Mine: Last few included troubled trips but clean trip helps chances.
5. Sapphire Kitten: Ramsey owned and bred drops in class- missed in last versus tougher.
7. Scatmeifucan: Goes back to turf where this one fits at nice price.
Off turf selections: 14-1.
9. No Distortion: Adds blinkers for this effort and will be offered at a nice price.
1. Colonel Dan: Finished 3rd in debut being out finished gets rail looking to graduate.
6. Who Dat Tiger: Name will attract attention and drops in class after poor effort .
10. Yonaguska Storm: Drifted out in last taking a tough loss but looks to finish today.
Around the Track
The Weiner Dog races are fun for all so here are our selections:.
7. Jean Lafitte: This dog is named for a famous pirate and will be looking for gold today.
Huey P Long: The popular choice of the people.
1. Snowflake: This frosty Weiner will be chasing more than squirrels today.
3. Randy Jackson: Out of the Capital City representing the Idol Dog Pound.
6. Blue: You my dog Blue!
10. Sophia: She might play with stuffed bunnies but she will look to win this Easter Egg Hunt.
5. Tank: Hank the Tank might not sound like a speedster, but he will stumble his way to victory.
6. Howard: He is akin to a famous Duck and will look to flap his way to the winner’s circle.
Our best bet today will be in Race 5 — No. 4 Bucking Thunder. This horse has a nose for the wire and is coming off three solids wins. Have to like in this one coming back to form. Good luck and may they all come home safely.