Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
4. Tiz a Par: Going for hot trainer Joe Sharp and gets Alborado.
3. Don’t Mess with Willie: Big win in last and comes right back.
7. Fahne: Finally broke maiden and is improving while catching a suspect group.
6. Fast Cast: Nice win in last and should love the turf.
1. Stylo: Should get an easy lead and try to take these wire to wire.
4. Plug Catcher: Dropping down in class to find a win.
8. Easy Roller: Been a fan of this one but needs to step up tonight.
7. Tee Brown: Looks like a two horse race between this one and top choice.
4. Valid Play: Love this off layoff horses — hit one Sunday in last — value.
3. Devils Backbone: Gets to try dirt for the first time and should like it.
9. Irish Confidant: Rounding into form for Richards and has some hidden form.
1. Pioneer Tiger: Don’t overlook this one has some good company lines.
2. Starship Duchess: have to take this one off last win although in November.
6. Kiss to Remember: Think this one is much better as a sprinter but Amoss knows best.
11. Jackie Ems Pal: Should get good speed trip from outside in this turf sprint.
9. Ithirtyconnection: Nice run in last at this distance and fits with this group.
Around the Track
The Mardi Gras Stakes highlights the Mardi Gras card at the Fair Grounds and the stakes brings together a salty group of fillies and mares who like to sprint. Together these fillies and mares have won multiple stakes and collectively over a million dollars. Have a safe and happy day.
Our best bet today will be in Race 4 — No. 8 Easy Roller. Been disappointed by this one in last couple, but feel there is talent here. Good Luck and may they all come home safely.