Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing. 4. Wilsnoperfection: Dropdown from special weight to claimers is the ticket.
4. Wilsnoperfection: Dropdown from special weight to claimers is the ticket.
2. Highway: Waiting for the long shot Dorochencko trained horse to pop — it’s time.
7. Mr. Fuzzybottom: Playing for the turnaround as this one lost to second choice.
5. Highroller Dave: Beat the top choice but better post for Fuzzy today.
7. Profluent: Ran into some nice ones in last — Graham rides turf better than anyone.
5. Batten the Hatches: Ran behind runaway winner Voodoo Spell in last on this turf course.
7. Hylands Will: Very consistent sort gets good post to for his stalking style.
6. Good Enough Said: Will be fitter second off a bit of a layoff and has some speed.
8. Mr Green Girl: Got stuck on the rail and had terrible trip — better effort today.
6. Another Pinot: Pure pace play — expect this one to have the lead.
6. Winning Note: Very tepid choice in a tough bunch to find a winner.
8. Big Shots Humor: Have to be leery of the big drop in class but fits.
10. Whos Talking Now: Big race in last behind likely La Futurity favorite.
7. Numberonegun: Believe this one can run a bit — watch board for clues.
2. Vici: Nice first out — should improve — gets favorable inside post.
10. No Small Rewards: Should improve going second time out and with lasix.
6. Hottap: Bet all three times he has run — flopped last out — better than that.
6. Big Lil Red: Had to go early last out — gets to settle and stalk today.
1. Ranger Regiment: Good post — runs his race — doesn’t like to win?
Around the Track
First card of the year is a good one with lots of value on paper. The selections today were made for a fast track and a firm turf so let’s hope any rain holds off and the races go as written.
Our Best Bet today will be in Race 8 — No. 2 Vici. This one ran very good first out and gets a favorable post position for second start and the odds should be right to make this on our Best Bet. Good luck and may they all come home safely.