Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
Picks made today for fast track and on turf.
4. Croix Du Soleil: Faucheux trained coming 3rd off layoff won last race.
3. Shezararejoule: Graham aboard horse coming off sharp work dropping down 2 classes.
7. Wings Locked Up: Trainer solid record off claim coming off last out win.
1. American Sailor: Blinkers added best prime power in field.
Off turf selections: 7-13.
4. Canadian Candy: Drops in class worth shot at a bit of price in wide open race.
8. Littlebitofsense: Drops 2 classes off sharp workout will sit right off pace.
1. Alamo Heights: Grey 1st time gelding looking to improve.
7. Revolt: Roussel claimed under sharp workout going on turf.
Off turf selections: 10-2.
5. Bill’s Production: Amoss trained drops in class adds blinkers .
6. Dancehall Jack: Eramia aboard drops in class in open race.
4. Blindsided Blues: Albarado lands on horse that will be coming late.
8. He’ll Pay: Jones/Graham connection solid with 3rd off layoffs will set hot pace.
Off turf selections: 12-9.
8. Hash Tag Miss: Drops in class descendant of Unbridled’s Song looking for improve.
4. Vivacious V.V.: Ran well in last 2 should be sitting right off lead today.
4. Speak Up Sailor: High last speed figure racing for new connections.
12. Dynazar: Stewart trained sharp last workout can come home late at price.
Off turf selections: 14-2.
- inth race
6. I’m in a Hurry: 10 of 12 board hitter at the track looking to improve 2nd off layoff.
3. Will It Thunder: Geroux looking to wire with this animal.
Around the Track
Well, the 2016 version of the NTRA National Handicapping Championship was completed last weekend and yours truly had a good day and a bad day which added up to a top third finish, but nothing to brag about. Something Louisiana should be bragging about is Judy Wagner’s induction into the NHC Hall of Fame. Judy is a former champion, current member of the Louisiana Racing Commission and a member of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association Board of Directors. She is a worthy inductee into the Hall of Fame.
Our best bet today will be in Race 2 — No. 7 Wings Locked Up. Horse hit board in 9 of 14 in 2015 coming off last out win looking to keep form in 2016. Good luck and may they all come home safely.