Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter:@BeychokRacing.
5. British Humor: Trainer has had a sneaky good meet — this one fits well here.
1. American Greatness: Sneaky good race in last with lots of trouble — long shot.
3. Cameron Rules: Has right running style right now for the turf course.
6. Hot Zapper: Will be off the pace — hopefully — and closing late.
3. Snobliz: Should be right distance for this one and should show speed from get go.
6. Singing a Song: Just missed in December at this distance and level – throw out last.
1. Donna’s Holiday: Will show speed from the rail and that has been dangerous.
2. Express Yourself: Coming into a new barn and gets finishing rider Torres.
1. Theycallhimthekid: Should get first run on the leaders here from nice rail spot.
5. Curlino: Nothing fancy in this race as top two look to be clear from the rest.
9. Wolf’s Song: Trainer good with drop down move from special weight to sellers.
1. Quality Production: Ran just behind a next out winner so has some quality races.
1. Why Not Be Queen: Believe Lovell will have this one ready to run best race today.
2. Conquest Serenade: High quality horse got outrun in first start back in last.
7. Heather Hills: Tough race but this one has been fast in the morning works.
8. Sohni: One of the experiences ones in here who ran a sneaky good one in last.
7. Glorious Empire: Has a slight upset shot against big time horse on the rail.
1. Chocolate Ride: Not necessarily picking against this warrior but odds too short.
1. Ide B a Classic: If you throw last out form looks very solid against these.
11. Ekati Spirit: Shipper from Delta who has solid form last few race.
Around the track
Eleven winners on top last week and a bunch more underneath capped off with the best day of the year on Sunday with a 6-winner selection card. Our year to date standing has not changed much from the last report, but there is still a chance to get our head over the positive mark for the year. Chok’s Choices is clicking at a steady 24 percent on top winners with an ROI (return on investment) of 79 cents per dollar wagered for the meet. I’ll be trying to close out the meet with a higher ROI for our readers and followers. Don’t forget the Black Gold Pick 5 jackpot is up to over $150,000 and that is a 50 cent wager on the last five races of the each day.
Our best bet Thursday will be in Race 2 — No. 3 Cameron Rules. Turf course at this distance was a bit more favorable to his closing style. Good luck and may they all come home safely.