Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
15. Lawlys Goal: Has good dirt form and is entered for Main Track Only.
14. Bandini Moon: Good races at Hawthorne usually transfer to FG surface.
7. Winning Answer: Good effort with some trouble in last.
1. Pinot Noir: Nice third last out and only needs to replicate to contend.
2. Marv in Lafitte: Very fast dirt horse gets the rail and should get good pace.
9. Mars Curiosity: Winner over the dirt track already in nice time.
1. Malibu Park: Finds an easier bunch of competitors today on the drop.
2. Finding the Gold: First timer for Amoss has nice steady set of works.
8. Sunny Surprise: Drop down and good dirt form to boot.
13. Appleslastchance: Has the speed to contend from outside.
1. Holster: Left at start in last and ran huge race — better start today gets win.
5. Comfort Level: Took lead late in last but could not hold on.
3. White Clover: Very strong first out and Jones much better second out.
4. Pavs Fantasy: Dirt race was big improvement over previous turf tries.
2. War Story: Big first time out despite slow start — could be a nice one.
3. Chip Leader: Took on the big boy in last finds easier today.
3. My Kay Sara: Consistent sort seems as good as any of these.
1. Mr Andrew: Sure does like to run second a lot and gets ground saving trip today.
Around the Track
We did not have the luxury of knowing the track condition, but the selections are for a wet track and an off the turf afternoon because of the forecast calls for more rain.
Our Best Bet today will be in Race 8 — No. 2 War Story who ran a very stout race first time out and should improve for Amoss. Good luck and may they all come home safely.