Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
2. Mizz Money: Has a few races under her belt and nice works.
6. Titfortat: Stidham first timer attracts leading rider Graham.
7. Saratoga Trunk: Showed interest in first start and drops down a bit.
5. Sky Rant: Good effort for second-place finish in first start — improves.
6. Spectacular Splash: Winner of last two and a winner on the turf in only start.
9. Another Pinot: Ran well chasing winner in last — gets better pace setup.
1. Dewey Lake: Rail post and sprint prep help this ones chances.
8. Hollow Creek: Couple of winners came out of the last race he ran.
1. Deja D’Etoile: Beat two next out winners in last and gets inside post.
5. Be Discreet: Takes a big drop in class which might be enough to get win.
1. Paddy’s Notes: Going very well now and gets the rail for bid for three in a row.
6. Copus: Amoss claim from the fall makes a reappearance moving up in class.
6. Buneya: Horse makes first start after $600K purchase and has fast works.
5. Touch Wood: Sharp trainee ran well behind two winners in last race.
4. Elaine Kowaliski: Looks to get the lead from inside and take ’em all the way.
1. Missdixieactivist: Blinkers come off for this miss and can win.
1. Pinking of You: Nice initial effort — gets rail post and has some speed to contend.
5. Miss Leelee: Should improve off first start and gets leading rider Graham for this.
Around the Track
When you are right in horse racing you can still be wrong as we found out on Saturday. I was staunchly against both Top Decile and Eagle — the two most promising three-year-old prospects at the Fair Grounds. Both lost. But, I couldn’t come up with the winner against these two, although we did run second in the Silverbulletday with Forever Unbridled and second/third with our underneath picks in the Lecomte. Watch out for both Top Decile and Eagle in their next starts as the odds will be better and they will be much fitter.
Our best bet today will be in Race 3 No. 6 — Spectacular Splash. Has a win on the turf and has shown very good form in last two and should be a nice price today. GoodlLuck and may they all come home safely.