Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
4. Ms Betty Boo: Attended hot pace then drew well clear of others.
6. Bella Luna Sky: Nice win first out should appreciate longer distances.
2. Ide Be Doc Adams: Won last — might improve and win again over this crew.
3. Quick Indian: Looks fastest on paper and is dropping but suspect.
8. Taking Charge: Good dirt races — ran second this level in last.
3. Consolidation: First out for Stall and might show a bit more speed today.
6. Pocket Thunder: Won last week as a Chok’s Choice and comes right back today.
7. Our Logie Bears: Big drop down in class will help make this one competitive.
11. Jslookoveryourshoulder: Lost to a good one last time on dirt leading late.
3. Drewrys Bluff: Better than last and gets the rail today.
1. Starbound: Lost all chance at break in last — gets rail — with better break a winner.
2. Calafate: Looks like a nice one for Calumet Farm and Asmussen.
8. Celebrategoodtimes: Competitive races on dirt at CD — gets Graham for this one.
6. Lorilei Tune: Best race was on dirt so should be able to handle the surface.
4. Leroidessioux: Ran into two nice ones in last and held well — big chance today.
3. Good Tickled: First off claim for Calhoun — confident step up.
2. Prince of the Bar: Nice effort in last — repeat of that gets picture taken today.
8. Smittys Razrhawk: Likely winner but short odds.
Around the Track
Selections are made for off the turf today considering the amount of rain expected on Saturday, but the main track should be fast. Today we took some longer priced horses on top so be aware of the odds and make some across the board — win-place-show bets on the higher priced selections.
Our Best Bet today will be a long shot in Race 8 — No. 4 Leroidessioux Ran into Highroller Dave and Mr Fuzzybottom in last — two good ones — and held well despite a poor start. Good luck and may they all come home safely.