Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
1. Arsenalofdemocracy: Up close in first start draws rail and looks speedy.
2. State Line: Nice effort contesting pace in last against some good ones.
1. Forty One Won: Lost to second choice in here but can reverse outcome.
5. Lively Stone: Big winner of last over top choice but expect different results today.
8. U R My Last Chance: Nice run to contention in last and tired — fit today.
1. Idol Cat: Claimed for 15K now runs for higher and on turf — all positive signs.
2. Little Rossini: Not a bad first out — improvement today puts this one in mix.
6. Lucky Cal: The one to beat for sure and a must include on multi-race tickets.
1. Great Minds: Nice win in last — better on turf I think helps this one today.
3. Lil Nicholas: Horse likes to win and has the speed to carry these.
4. Man of Strife: Claimed by Sharp in last should improve enough to win.
1a. Burn Rate: A claim back by Gibson ran good enough to win in last.
11. Bahnah: Not often you see a Graded stakes winner in Alw — but here we go.
7. Enchanted River: Loves this course and might be overlooked today — watch tote.
5. Kendalls Boy: Amoss returner was good over this track last year.
7. Embellishing Bob: With a race under his belt will be fitter today.
2. Rapid Rhythm: Two good gate works signal speediness of this first timer.
5. Seeking Paradise: Cut back from mile will mean this one closes today.
Around the Track
We managed to again eke out a miniscule profit for the week despite having two days where we had no winners, but those dips were made up for with big days on the other two racing programs. Our goal is to show a flat bet profit for all top selections for the entire meet. Here are our results for the meet: 559-134-98-88 = 1016.60/24%/57% in-the-money.
Our Best Bet today will be the Late Pick 4. Let’s try to get this ticket home to start off the week: 1-4 w/7-11 w/4-5-7 w/2-5 = $ 12.00/ Our long shot of the day would be in Race 4 No. 2 — Little Rossini. Good luck and may they all come home safely.