Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
Picks made today for off track and off turf.
6. Louisiana Flyboy: Multiple stakes winner beaten by two-lengths on dirt in last out.
12. Charlie’s Phantasy: Asmussen looking for an off turf race in tough company.
On turf selections: 7-2.
4. Anythingyoucando: Ran third in last and has feel for the dirt under new trainer Sharp.
9. Alexis Rules: Beaten favorite who has dirt experience will be a contender.
On turf selections: 1-2.
3. Mon Petit Pote: Will push early pace and if brings improved effort off last can win here.
7. C U Tiger: Ran well in last will need to make a solid middle move to win here.
8. Wealth to Me: Grey drops in class holds highest speed figure at distance.
2. Set the Sail: Grey looking to improve second off claim and repeat two back performance.
7. Walker the Wiz: Ran second in last with improved effort will graduate.
3. Clink N Drink: Drops in class goes back to dirt off brief layoff with Graham back aboard.
8. W W Mutakddim: In only wet main track start ran solid figures.
4. Eighth At Citypark: Two-time winner on a wet track will be a board hitter.
5. Aliana: Adds blinkers and class and will be hard to fend off coming late.
4. Gold Chrome: Drops in class off sharp workout and will be speed signed up today.
3. R M Money Talks: Stidham solid first after claim will improve switching to dirt.
2. Night Out: Beaten by less than two-lengths in last out will look to pull upset here.
3. Bluegrass Mattie: Filly drops down two classes going turf to dirt.
1. Eco Star: Comes off three-month layoff ran second in last holds highest last race speed rating.
2. One Eyed Candyride:– Improved in last looks to come right back 3rd of layoff.
4. One Better: Drops in class for Frost looks to repeat last effort .
Around the Track
Florent Geroux is widening his lead among local riders as racing continues at the Fair Grounds. Geroux, who went to Florida the past two weekends to ride for connections there, has a 15-win lead over Colby Hernandez. Geroux is riding as well as any rider in the country right now and his skills are in demand with top trainers and owners. In the trainer’s race to the top Tom Amoss and Michael Stidham were tied heading into the week with 28-wins each. While Stidham has more starts, Amoss has more horses to make a run for another Fair Grounds leading trainer title ove the final few weeks of the meet.
Our best bet today will be in Race 8 — No. 3 R M Money Talks. This horse has highest last race speed figure and short break will help get back to form. Good luck and may they all come home safely.