Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
6. Classy Cajun: Drops down after running second in higher claimer; gets Eramia.
5. Alexis Charm: Other Johnston charge fits well with these.
1. Saving Sadie: Looks to get the lead from rail, which is place to be in these sprints.
7. One Sharp Lady: Will show more speed after chasing fast fractions.
8. Bad Boy Roy: Drops down for win against weak bunch.
7. Hylands Will: Ran second this level in last start.
7. Locas Hermano: Had lead in last at OP and now gets turf to last longer.
10. Pepon: Been running with some very good ones and drops a notch.
5. Aish Tamid: Had lead in last off the layoff and will improve today at price.
7. Sunwave: Finds himself in lowest level ever and tries to take advantage.
8. Catch a Ride: Improved since last start; looks like a nice one for Howard.
6. Belomar: Longshot possibility for Dorochenko, Reznikov.
5. Skim the Rail: Won at this level earlier; ships in from Houston for this.
2. Blake Beauties: Flopped on turf in last but won by daylight previously.
1. More Than Less: Big-time on turf for Asmussen; proves it today.
6. Prayed For: Two big efforts on turf in New York; looks to rebound today.
7. Strike Twice: First out for Sharp after good runs on turf early in career.
3. Chanteline: This one can run plenty; vast improvement second out.
6. Carolina Jasmine: Has run into serious runners in past few.
10. Shaniko’s Secret: Was unlucky in last to run fifth; found trouble most of trip.
2. Charube: Likely pacesetter will have to be caught.
Around the track
Jockey Richard Eramia is back riding after an injury early in the meet, and he has found the winner’s circle already. Eramia is a factor on any horse he rides, so watch closely for any jockey changes to Eramia on horses he has ridden with success.
The best bet will be in Race 6: No. 8, Catch A Ride. This could be a very good one for Sam Son and Neil Howard. Nice first effort has been followed by very good workouts, indicating a top performance today. Good luck, and may they all come home safely.