Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
7. Dutchman: just looks clearly best at a short price in the opener.
6. Deweys Sunshine: Could give the top choice a run today but also low odds.
6. Infinite Verses: Showed some interest before encountering trouble in last.
2. Day O: Ran second in last so clearly fits in nicely with these maidens.
4. She’ll Do it: Last is a throw out but gets back on turf for connections at a price.
1. Always Right: A bit over her head in last but two before that are uber competitive.
1. Stonetacular: May not be fully wound up today but first out was impressive.
6. Jendas Agenda: Might have thrown down best maiden win all meet at FG in last.
8. Steamburner: First timer works well from the gate on numerous occasions — ready.
1. Soulja Slim: Cuts back in distance after running well going a bit longer on turf.
4. Divas Delight: Lovell will have this one ready to run off a year long layoff.
7. Barbary Hall: Gets a fast dirt track which should be to his liking today.
8. Gimmeadrink: Last two on turf have been good enough to win this one.
7. Lassell: Should be close to the lead and might have lead turning for home.
2. Sterling Teddy: Foley’s horses running too good not to have won a race — price play.
7. Majestic Dude: First timers are effective in maiden claimers like this one shapes up.
4. MJ All Day: Might be astute claim by astute connections — confidence move up.
8. Mizztec Tale: Attracts Flo Go here to ride first out for meet’s leading trainer.
Around the track
Well, you should have been with us on Friday as Chok’s Choices burned up the mutual windows with winners paying 20-1 and 15-1 listed as our second choices and our best bet of the Day paying a whopping 19.00 to go along with two other top choice winners on the selection sheet. Here’s to hoping that the heat up in selections — which followed a four bagger on Thursday — signals a Mardi Gras Mambo stretch run for Chok’s Choices going into the meat of the meet.
Our best bet Sunday will be in Race 5 — No. 8 Steamburner. A first time starter whose gate works on the tab reveal some talent and quickness. Good luck and may they all come home safely.