Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
7. ROBERT E LEE: Monument may be coming down but looks solid in this spot.
6. Majestic Heir: Nothing to knock but will be a short price for Faucheux.
3. Jubal: His last three on dirt can all win against these competitors today.
8. Volkazak: Hasn’t been seen in awhile but has the early zip to contend.
7. Zyxyz: Has the speed and drops down looking for a win to end the meet.
1. Kook Aid Girl: Has the coveted rail and the speed to use the position early on.
8. Humor: Form is a bit dirty due to last two dirt races at Oaklawn being awful.
4. Highly Prized: Gets a bit easier and probably needed the last – working well since.
2. Another Pinot: Drops to bottom level but has the speed and class to take ‘em far.
8. Castle Zip: Won last two stylishly and steps up a bit in class but is in top form.
4. WarontheHomefront: Was stuck outside in last and lost considerable ground.
2. Plug Catcher: Always in the mix but never quite in the winner’s circle.
1. Big Joe: Gets Lasix for first time and drops in class while getting the rail.
2. Dewey’s Sunshine: Knock knock knocking on the door so many times for first win.
10. Shea’s Lil Shug: Second time with Amoss/Geroux should be the trick.
4. Illusion of Reality: Closed ground into paceless race in last has win over course.
6. Pocketball: All dirt races are super competitive and will be a nice price here.
2. Newfound Gold: Lovell claim and runs right back while horse in top form.
1. Walking Primrose: Draws rail after being hung wide going longer in last.
2. Donna Elba: Stall drops this one into claimers after a couple of nice races.
Around the track
A little Monday racing to end the week and I know I sound like a broken record but on Saturday our “unders” i.e. those horses we select second in our Chok’s Choices went on a tear winning 6 out of the first 7 races on the card. The only race we lost we had the winner on top. As we are trying to find the value horses these last few weeks and put those on top don’t forget about those “unders” as they are live as can be for a win candidate.
Our best bet today will be in Race 5 — No. 2 Another Pinot. Has seen better times and had better form but should prevail today. Good luck and may they all come home safely.