Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
3. Tangled Tart: Looking to break Ronny Werner?s maiden at the meet here.
5. Oh Kay See: Should have enough speed to get to the front.
3. Leroidessioux: Found his level and fits in here as well as any.
2. Moonlit Meteor: Dropped to lower level and beat next out winner.
2. I Call Shotgun: Tough luck second in two races should graduate today.
1. Medal of Courage: Did everything but win in the last but faces good ones.
4. Ole Pete: First off claim by good trainer Cox — should improve just enough.
8. Friends with Money: Big rider upgrade and fits in here — price play.
8. Super Sparky: Ran against a good one in last on turf and faces no such star here.
5. Birnumwood: Also ran in same race and thinking that race was good enough for this.
3. Carribbean Storm: Should get the best trip of the speed horses in here.
4. Go Go Rocket: Threw a huge one in last — needs same type trip today.
5. Another Pinot: Tepid choice in a very well matched race on the turf.
2. Artist Cry: Still have faith in this one — can put it together again.
7. My Pal Beanie: First timer has good set of works and son of Indian Charlie.
4. Imalegacy: Second try and first one he started too slow — better today.
5. Profluent: Sure should like the added distance and turf is right up his alley.
1a.Ultimo Trago: Amoss second time after a claim is almost automatic.
7. Tolik: Giving him another shot as our Chok Choice on the dirt.
6. Ranger Regiment: Not sure how this one keeps out of the winners circle, but!
Around the Track
Sunday is the last day of the Kentucky Derby Future Pool which you can wager on at the Fair Grounds or online at www.twinspires.com. This is a great opportunity to place a wager on some Fair Grounds favorites including fillies running for the Oaks. My personal favorites for this particular bet will be Oceanwave for the Oaks and Keen Ice for the Derby, but you can get 20-1 plus on both International Star and War Story.
Our best bet Sunday will be in Race 9. Let’s go with No. 5 Profluent. I think this one is going to excel at a longer distance that he gets today and is a good price. Good luck and may they all come home safely.