Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
9. Kinky Vow: New barn and could work out the perfect stalking trip here.
5. Ramona’s Wildcat: Right running style and second try on turf helps chances.
7. Baron’s Rebellion: Got a nice prep for this at Delta — trainer good with second out.
4. Overruling: Big rush finish in last and a repeat puts this one in winner’s circle.
3. Applesolutely True: Giving this one another shot going to the dirt for Stidham.
5. Tiger Eyes: This one’s momma could run some and won first out for stable.
5. Phil Up Da Bank: Winner in last and doesn’t face much here in first versus winners.
8. Chinese Bob: Might be able to secure the lead from the outside — tough.
8. Dr. Move: Meets a weak group and should be able to handle while improving.
1. Tuckaway: Needed last hopefully and has a right to improve from the rail.
2. Queezee Proud: Has run in the money last two so is competitive versus these.
1. Blonde at the Bar: Looks to be well spotted here on the drop down into sellers.
2. Lieutenant Seany O: Off the claim in a weak race where chaos can prevail.
3. Frontier Force: Trying dirt here for his connections after poor turf tries.
5. Dame Fortune: Also dropping down here after some good tries versus tougher.
1. Clever Serve: Gets the rail here for Howard and dropping down to easier.
6. Indy Ide: First for hot trainer and gets Lasix as an added bonus for today’s start.
3. Love Your Humor: Has to be better than last start where he never got involved.
Around the track
Don’t forget that post time Friday is 5 p.m. for the final starlight racing card which features The Mixed Nuts and DJ Crush. If you haven’t done racing under the lights at the Fair Grounds I highly recommend the experience. There appears to this handicapper that there is some good early value horses ... horses with good morning line odds on the twilight card and it seems to get a bit more chalky on the back end but this is a great Friday night card for the last starlight card of the meeting.
Our best bet today will be a middle card Pick 3. Staring in Race 3 with 3-5/5-8/1-8. Good luck and may they all come home safely.