Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
5. Heartifix: Suspect this one will be near or close to the lead in good position.
7. Predator Drone: Stretching out from shorter and has shown closing kick.
7. Cheers to Bertie: Seems to get a few easier opponents here today.
3. Judge N Ruler: Second off layoff and goes back to sprinting here.
3. Royal Asscher: Improving horse has perfect running style for this turf race.
2. Red Hot Cherry: First off the claim here for trainer who has had success with move.
1. Light Her Up: Draws rail after a dud of a second start but showed talent in first out.
8. Galaxly ThirtySix: Outside post will allow a good stalking position for stretch run.
6. A Dixie Twister: Tough trip in last on turf better trip today equals better result.
3. Sandstorm: Showed speed in last and tired but improved effort expected today.
8. Private Time: Dropping down here for top trainer after showing some talent.
7. Ms Advisor: Layoff here for Stidham after a big win back in November.
6. Imposing Will: Has a good win over this course and seems to be improving.
4. Mr Misunderstood: Is two for two on turf and trained by leading trainer here.
1. Acid Rain: Has the speed needed to get early lead and go wire to wire.
6. Lucky Summer: Has strong record dirt sprinting and gets leading jockey.
3. Remembermis: Big breakout win in maiden in last and should repeat today.
8. Trim Down: Long shot possibility here with dangerous speed to go wire to wire.
Around the track
This is just a little reminder to make sure to pay attention to the “unders” on the Chok’s Choices. The unders are the horses picked “second” in the choices but, in reality these are two picks that I feel can both win and my final betting choice is based on odds as I pass on most horses less than 2-1. This is worth mentioning as in the past week the “under” choices have been on fire with some huge payoffs. Let’s hope that continues on Monday’s Lundi Gras card.
Our best bet Monday will be in Race 3 — No. 3 Royal Asscher. Perfectly spotted Monday and has right running style for turf course bias right now. Good luck and may they all come home safely.