Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — is a partner in ttegames.net an online horse racing contest site. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
1. Lady of Opinion: Claim by Sharp and won then moved to turf —back to dirt Friday.
4. Tsunami Girl: Sharp drop here from much tougher sends a danger signal.
6. Express Yourself: Should get the lead here and taking a slight hidden drop too.
3. Queen Victoria: Will find herself chasing today which might suit but might not.
4. Applesolutely True: Working strongly for this debut and kin to a real runner.
1. Arbol: Not giving up on this regally bred filly who showed speed then stopped
4. Let Him Live: Very competitive at the level in last should get the job done Friday.
1. Seven Heart: Rail draw helps ground saving trip and stretch out is good move.
9. Fiscal Discipline: Should relish the turf with stout breeding for the lawn.
4. Tiyo: Last was a possible key race as win and show runners have won since.
6. Infinite Mischief: Two races on dirt sprinting were good enough to win here.
2. Gridiron Cat: Running in sellers for first time after showing speed on dirt sprints.
3. Miss Gossip: Really like this one in this spot been running against nice horses.
8. Gagaoveryou: Will be winging on the lead but will face some pace pressure.
5. Forevamo: Big time three year old comes back at four for Brittlyn — ready.
6. Synchrony: Another three year old making older debut for Stidham – nice one.
2. Sailthehighseas: The cutback would seem to be perfect for this one off the claim.
1. Hawks Image: Gets reunited with jockey who has won a few on this one.
Around the track
A couple of three-year-old colts who were briefly on the Triple Crown trail last year make their four-year-old debuts Friday. Forevamo and Synchrony come back in the eighth race and both sport strong work tabs that signal their readiness to run a good race. These two were fast as three-year-olds and they should come back even faster as older more experienced and mature horses this year.
Our best bet today will be in Race 7 — No. 3 Miss Gossip. This one has been running against some good ones and the cut back helps here. Good luck and may they all come home safely.