Michael Beychok, the 2012 National Handicapping Championship and 2012 Eclipse Award winner for best handicapper, brings 35 years of experience to The Advocate. Beychok — also the senior partner of Ourso Beychok Inc., a national political consulting firm based in Louisiana — runs his own handicapping website, BeychokRacing.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BeychokRacing.
Picks made today for fast track and on turf.
1. Anterior: Looks to improve going back to dirt gets favorable rail post.
7. Ty Diesel: Figures to improve going back to dirt will be speed signed up.
8. Valid Pursuit: Sharp solid with off blinkers angle looks to use speed up front.
3. Dealer’s Etbauer: Ran second versus similar in last will sit off pace.
3. Gu Gu Beans: Will be speed in race looks to improve second start off layoff going third last out .
2. Rue Royale: Grey ran second last out will try to break poor streak at track.
Off turf selections: 5-6.
2. Jockamo’s Song: Speed will wire this field as the underlay dropping down.
1. Arkansas Martini: Will be factor from late from rail hitting board in last four.
2. Totally Kim: Has been in the money in five of seven career races coming off last out win.
7. Little Norwegian: Drops down third off lay off will be coming late.
Off turf selections: 2-10.
2. Kylers Song: Drops down will improve going back to dirt will sit back and close late.
4. Causin Commotion: Adds blinkers and has shown promise in drills.
6. Lady Loretta: Going distance here coming off two place performances to start career.
8. Million Dollar Day: Has hit board in all three will look for improved effort today.
Off turf selections: 3-10.
6. Power and Grace: Going back to dirt if sits off the speed can win here.
5. Smart Galaxy: Winner of debut comes off sharp workout.
1. Moon Medal: Ramsey maker connection gets last six drops off sharp workout.
8. Lemon Song: Claimed in last five and knows how to hit the board.
Off turf selections: 11-10.
1. Love Thy Neighbor: Runner of out Midwest will improve second start off layoff.
5. The Business: Drops in class returns to dirt with a great name.
4. Jonny’s Emerald: Drops down goes back to dirt looks to graduate.
14. South Boundary: Adds blinkers will be threat if gets in off also eligible list.
Around the Track
Nice little Monday card while everyone dries out from the torrential rains that hit on the Northshore and north Louisiana. Thankfully, the New Orleans metro area was spared the worst. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the floods, and when more information emerges about how horse farms fared I will share in this space. In the meantime, donations to the Red Cross are always a good idea if you are of the mind to help a fellow neighbor (hunch bet in the 10th) out in a time of need.
Our best bet today will be in Race 4 — No. 2 Jockamo’s Song. Leading meet trainer Stidham send this grey out dropping down off three tough races. Good luck and may they all come home safely.